This is what goes on above my house when the air show is in town...

these are cool and we got a up close look at them in Ocotillo Wells last season when they flew really low. they remind me of the vehicles in halo :lol:
30aavqt.jpg

dont know why they choose to fuel above residential neighborhoods but they do this every year. got home just in time to see them doing some laps.
5yu64x.jpg

24lpzix.jpg

Awesome! I've always wonder how they are able to refuel in air without loosing any gas in the process. That must take some serious skill from the pilot in order to maintain proper speed/elevation etc with the refueling plane. When I was in the Navy my ship did a few UnReps (underway replenishment's; fuel, food, supplies, mail, etc) and let me tell you the level of tension/fear among the leading officers was very high. I am sure these guys have safer/faster break away techniques...but still. Glad that's not my job!

You've experienced the Anza Borrego show as well!? The wife and I had quite the show over at Fish Creek at night sometime last year. Few of those guys in the first pic, as well as a few other choppers (no idea which type, but I like to think they were apaches's :smirk:) came through extremely low all blacked out (no lights, whatsoever). Little creepy, but extremely cool at the same time!

the mira mar night show is one of the coolest things i have ever seen. they do a simulated napalm run on the runway and it makes a two to three hundred yard wall of fire. When i was there it was setting car alarms off that were like a half mile (maybe more) away.