the president's oath is it being followed?

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:— “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:— “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

not that i agree with just about anything the president has done. The problem with that oath is that the constitution is an "ever-changing" document like it was setup to be. So if he feels it needs to be changed, then he is following every bit of that oath

not that i agree with just about anything the president has done. The problem with that oath is that the constitution is an "ever-changing" document like it was setup to be. So if he feels it needs to be changed, then he is following every bit of that oath

Only the Congress or the states can actually CHANGE the Constitution. The only way to actually CHANGE it is via a constitutional amendment. Congress or the states can initiate that, and the amendment has to be ratified by a fixed number of states before it takes effect. We've got 27 amendments, the most recent as of 1992.

James

Staff member

Like Adam said, the President (Executive Branch) can't change the Constitution, only Congress/the States can.

this is the big problem...
17498_494923057246662_888067054_n.jpg

Obama is just following the long standing precedent of not following the constitution. Sometimes it seems like it's more and more as time goes on and sometimes not.

I have never met a politician that I liked. Seriously - I have a boatload of friends that ended up being politicians and guess what - they're douchenozzles. Just accept the fact that there is a very fundamental character flaw in those people that want to enter politics. Even the good guys (gals) when they start, turn out to be total buttwipes. Politics is way too serious to leave up to politicians. :prof:

I have never met a politician that I liked. Seriously - I have a boatload of friends that ended up being politicians and guess what - they're douchenozzles. Just accept the fact that there is a very fundamental character flaw in those people that want to enter politics. Even the good guys (gals) when they start, turn out to be total buttwipes. Politics is way too serious to leave up to politicians. :prof:
the only one i ever liked was Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq-ErojhrsE

"i guess i dont know"

that part at the end. i love ron paul so much... the man is the only politician in my time to actually tell it how it is and keep it real.

if you havent go look up his farewell speech. its the best politician speech i have ever heard. in a nutshell he tells the house that they are corrupt POS people and peace out :lol: