The LP

Alright guys, as the election gets near, I've come to a conclusion. Obama is a terrible candidate, and I don't care much for Romney. I have always took sides with Ron Paul, and believe he is the kind of flat out, no shit taking-no shit giving honest leader our country needs. In addition to this, i have become a big part in the Libertarian party, as I find my beliefs to hit dead center with theirs, but left with no way to list it on paper. I'm kind of interested to see which of you guys believe as I do (and Buck too :devil: ) in this up and coming race to get us out of this catastrophic mess of an economy we found ourselves in. Here is the official Advocates for Self Government page I found

http://www.lp.org/

and a test to see where you land in line, a whopping 10 agree or disagree questions

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz

Let's hear what you other guys think, without any attacks on each others beliefs. This is what I believe the best rout for humanity of all sort is. :thumb:

electilehoodie.jpg

I was polled as libertarian. Though that's not really true, i don't think that the gov should allow free international trade or legalize drugs, and privatize social security!?!?! that sounds like a great idea, cause you know, it's not like making a second fed isn't a terrible idea.. Just faze it out. if you want retirement save your own money in your own account, the government shouldn't be involved in any way...

I may be a little confused on Libertarianism. Probably because there are different types as with most politcal parties.

From what I've gathered is that Libertarians are pro-choice, pro-drugs, anti-gun control, small government, etc. I only agree with one of those, and I'm sure yall can figure that one out. :lol:

Libertarians say that they want people to have all the freedom they want as long as it dont hurt anybody else. What about that abortion and the baby you're killing? Or the drugged out fella that's eating your face? That kinda hurts. That stuff happens now. Imagine when it's legal for all to enjoy. No regulation on the drugs, or THC content, and people slinging crack to 13 year old kids.

Also, Libertarians want to open the borders. Why? There wont be anything left for us Americans if that happens.

Libertarianism seems like it would never work. It sounds nice, everyone being happy compromising their ideas. But that's in a dream world. I think the Libertarians are striving for a utopia that wont happen. Not unless we were to start over, like post-apocolypse or something. :lol:

Here's some things I find ridiculous about the Libertarian Party.

-Allow drugs, alcohol, prostitution, gambling, and suicide. (Jul 2000)
Are we gunna be fuggin Amsterdam?

-Redress the wrongs of the U.S. towards the Indians. (Jul 2000)
Come on...

-Let parents control all educational funding. (May 2008)
-Poor kids end up at worst schools in current system. (Nov 2000)
How many of us could actually afford to go to private schools? I know we couldnt.

-Tyranny around the world must be condemned. (Jul 2000)
-No U.S. intervention in the affairs of other countries. (Jul 2000)
Aint that kinda contradictory? Remember guys: Si vis pacem, para bellum.

-Affirm the right to keep and bear arms. (May 2008)
-Repeal all gun control laws and regulation of weapons. (Jul 2000)
- Just kidding...I agree the shit outta that.

-Eliminate nuclear weapons & bring all U.S. troops home. (Jul 2000)
Eliminate nuclear weapons? In prison terms...we'd be Bubba's Bitch.

-Eliminate all restrictions on immigration. (Jul 2000)
As if we dont have enough illegal Mexicans now...wait till we open the borders!

Maybe I'm confused. Help me out!