The Blades Thread

Let's talk all things bladed (knives, axes, machetes, hell...even swords, etc)
For us outdoorsmen, a knife is very important to us. I, for one, am a compulsive knife buyer. I always carry one or two on me for hunting, fishing, working, protection, and for things that need some cutting.
You have to love a nice blade! The art in different types of blades, the skill in sharpening a blade, the pride you take in a nice new knife, the many different styles of knives. Clip-point, drop-point, tanto-point, full tang, half tang, serrations, straight blade, thumb studs, spring assisted, fixed blades, auto blade, wood handle, bone handle, steel, inlays, rubberized grips, survival knifes, hunting knives, tactical knives, AUS-8, 440 stainless, Sandvik, HOT DAMN, I'm getting excited!

As for you city slickers...kitchen knives are welcomed. :P

Bring on the blades!

Here's the current knife I'm looking to buy.

SOG_Trident_G_7.JPG

SOG Trident straight edge, spring assisted, AUS-8, and it's got the Groove for cutting fishing line or paracard, ect.

Well, you should have expected a reply from me I hope!

Knives are an integral part of being outdoors and paring up fin, feathers, or fur!:thumb:

Always on my belt: A Gerber 4" knife with gut hook, and secondary limb saw blade.

The best thing in the world is the 4" rubber handled Rappala stainless steel filet knife. If you carry a sharpener for it, you can pare up a buffalo! Indeed! I exclusively use this blade to surgically relieve deer of their guts. It is so precise and small, that you never nick a finger or an intestine. I have used it to cut the brisket carteledge straight up the chest! I pare up all my own meat, and with the exception of the larger cuts...that's all I need!

It works for fish fabulously! It's the best knife in the world! :thumb:

I have these knives in my car, truck, cabin, and I use them when eating a nice steak or anything that needs a nice cut! They cost $12 each.

Well, you should have expected a reply from me I hope!

Knives are an integral part of being outdoors and paring up fin, feathers, or fur!:thumb:

Always on my belt: A Gerber 4" knife with gut hook, and secondary limb saw blade.

The best thing in the world is the 4" rubber handled Rappala stainless steel filet knife. If you carry a sharpener for it, you can pare up a buffalo! Indeed! I exclusively use this blade to surgically relieve deer of their guts. It is so precise and small, that you never nick a finger or an intestine. I have used it to cut the brisket carteledge straight up the chest! I pare up all my own meat, and with the exception of the larger cuts...that's all I need!

It works for fish fabulously! It's the best knife in the world! :thumb:

I have these knives in my car, truck, cabin, and I use them when eating a nice steak or anything that needs a nice cut! They cost $12 each.

:thumb: Right on! I was definitely expecting you! I seen you posted on your thread, and I knew it was a matter of time. :P

Is there a way you can link me to that Rapala knife? I seen a Rapala fillet knife at Walmart, wonder if it's the same! I've been looking for a skinning knife and fillet knife. I'd always used everyday carry knives to skin my game. Not the best idea! Skinned a rabbit the other month with a Gerber Mini FAST draw. :lol:

My dad has a hugeass knife collection... I carry a buck pocket knife ... And i have a buck hunting knife i keep in my truck with a gut hook... I have a few of those rapala fillet knifes..i keep on in the boat and one in the house and theres one that stays on the back porch were i clean fish... Also have a el cheaper camando like knife in the boat... Like a survivor knife.. It would cut a concrete block in half lol ..

I just bought a berkley fillet knife from wal mart a few nights ago...Works pretty good

I have quite the collection, just sayin, mostly case XX

Do we get pictures?! :smirk:

Gerber with gut hook as my hunting knife, I have Buck as my side everyday knife.

:thumb: What kinda Buck knife do you got for everyday? I see so many people with Buck 110's. The only Buck's I've had were the Redpoint and the Buck 119. My Redpoint sucks. The blade release button fell off last week for no reason. It was cheap and Chinese made, so I dont expect much.

I just remembered I have a gut hook (cheap Elk Ridge). And I've never used it for skinning. :picard:

My dad has a hugeass knife collection... I carry a buck pocket knife ... And i have a buck hunting knife i keep in my truck with a gut hook... I have a few of those rapala fillet knifes..i keep on in the boat and one in the house and theres one that stays on the back porch were i clean fish... Also have a el cheaper camando like knife in the boat... Like a survivor knife.. It would cut a concrete block in half lol ..

I just bought a berkley fillet knife from wal mart a few nights ago...Works pretty good

:thumb: Any pictures?

haha... I almost took some pictures of my two buck knives when i was in a my truck a second ago .. But forgot all about it... I will get a pic of all them tomorow i think..:shocked:

I carry one of these high tech blades around with me all the time:

heavy-weight-clear-plastic-knife.jpg
You never know when need to whip out a knife and do some buttering....:smirk:

I carry one of these high tech blades around with me all the time:

View attachment 4295
You never know when need to whip out a knife and do some buttering....:smirk:

Hey, don't knock yourself down with that...I've seen some serious cuttin going on with one of those babies...especialy when someone :devil: forgets to bring a sharp knife when grilling steak...makes the griling part a little more of a challenge to make sure it's buter tender so you could cut it witha spoon....or butter knife in this case! :smirk:

I usually carry a folding Buck...whatever the blade size is (4-5" blade) wood handle...it's CHARP...I did havea real cheap folding clip on knife that was charper than charp...cut my thumb closing it :foul:...I also have one of Guy Fieri's Knuckle Sandwich knives for home use...REAL nice, curved handle so it's ergonomically comfy and the handle has a red and black tribal design on it! :thumb:

Hey, don't knock yourself down with that...I've seen some serious cuttin going on with one of those babies...especialy when someone :devil: forgets to bring a sharp knife when grilling steak...makes the griling part a little more of a challenge to make sure it's buter tender so you could cut it witha spoon....or butter knife in this case! :smirk:

I usually carry a folding Buck...whatever the blade size is (4-5" blade) wood handle...it's CHARP...I did havea real cheap folding clip on knife that was charper than charp...cut my thumb closing it :foul:...I also have one of Guy Fieri's Knuckle Sandwich knives for home use...REAL nice, curved handle so it's ergonomically comfy and the handle has a red and black tribal design on it! :thumb:

I"m not that flexible! :naughty: