250 Suspension

so I just got a 2000 yz250, the pervious owner raced it, he had the suspension redone to fit him (hes 230lbs) I'm only 120lbs, so it's stiff and sits a little high for me, iv adjusted the sag so I'm a little lower to the ground, I'm using the bike as a woods bike, I have no intent to race it. Is it worth getting the suspension redone to fit me? And anyone have any idea on how much it would cost to do that?

Yes it will be worth it to have sprung correctly even if you pay too much. There's limited adj you can go with clicker settings with spring rates that far apart. Especially while riding trails, for safety and skill you need proper control of your machine. Good luck and welcome to the forum :)

Re read
when you "adjusted the sag" did you get it to drop 100mm~? If so I'd say drop your fork clamps a bit soften the clickers and run it. Still, your speed and skill level will suggest more about your susp tuning than weight alone. If you don't have ~$400 to spend get aquatinted with the bike first so you know more about what your looking for

At your weight the stock springs would be perfect. I think you should be able to find some used stockers on ebay. Cheap, too. Just swapping out springs is pretty easy and something you can do yourself. With the correct springs in the front and rear, play with the clickers to get it as good as you can. If you need to, you can always get it re-valved later. Just having the right springs will be a huge improvement.

I think the springs are the biggest way to start tayloring it to you. Stock yz250 springs may still be more than you want in the woods. My yz250 is sprung the way I used to need it. I have some from a 2003 yz125 already in a set of forks with unknown valving. I slipped them on for a try, and they are a little light, but i weigh 170 in street clothes. you might try finding a set of them on the cheap (from a 125 yz or other KYB 46mm 125)

lots of people don't realize it but you can run your axle back as far as you can go and have a little left for adjustment and it softens both ends: the front gets softer from the weight and the back from the leverage.

The guy I bought it from game me the stock springs with it, if I switch them out would it help? Or do I have to get it re valved too? Thanks for all the info. And as to my skill level, this is my first dirt bike, Iv been riding four wheelers for years, but It's a little different being on two wheels. So far I love it tho

with softer springs it will compress further into the stroke under your weight, so technically yes, but if you have to touch the ground while riding, you're doing it wrong.:P

They make lowering links for the shock and although may compromise your handling, you can drop the fork clamps down quite a bit. How much lower do you want to go? I carved out some seat foam on my sons 65

Iv been working on my balance sitting still, Iv gotten pretty good can sit/ stand for about a minuet, id be happy with dropping an inch or two I can touch with my tippy toes now, I can make due with that if I have to, my goal is to not have to touch the ground.