2 Stroke SUNK BIKE NEED HELP!

Bike is an 03 ktm 200 2 stroke. Over the weekend i dropped it in a creek and sucked in a ton of water. I didnt start it and took it back to camp. I wrung out the air filter, removed the drain plug from the carb to get the water out and took the spark plug out, flipped the bike over and spun the tire with it in gear to get the water out of the cylinder. It had to be push started to get it going and i let it run for a while and now it starts first kick every time.

My question is i removed the spark plug again today and turned it over to see if any water waas in there but all that came out was black oil. Is this a bad sign? I drained the oil right after and it looks like theres no water in it.

I'm new to 2 strokes and would like to make sure its good to go before i ride it.

Thanks!

Tylerdb: Like Naturaledge stated. You will get multiple answers. The best info you can get as to what type of oil to use in your gear box, is run what the manufacture says too. You stated 80 weight gear box oil. Well yes and NO. PLEASE do not go to your local auto parts store and get 80 weight gear oil. That is not the right stuff to use. Use this stuff. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/58/-/295/935/-/4279/Bel-Ray-Gear-Saver-Transmission-Oil

Or this stuff http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/58/-/295/935/-/11719/Pro-Honda-HP-Transmission-Oil
hon_06_hp_tra_oil.jpg
I use both. Truthfully I cannot tell the difference in performance or shifting operation. However I will say this. You will know when you have the wrong stuff in there. Your clutch and your shifter will tell you if they like it or not. And as Naturaledge mentioned. Change it often. How often. Well that depends on how much and how hard you ride. I usually change mine about every 5 rides or 10-15 hrs of operation. When your clutch starts acting up or shifting becomes difficult thats where I go first is check and change my gear box oil.

Bike is an 03 ktm 200 2 stroke. Over the weekend i dropped it in a creek and sucked in a ton of water. I didnt start it and took it back to camp. I wrung out the air filter, removed the drain plug from the carb to get the water out and took the spark plug out, flipped the bike over and spun the tire with it in gear to get the water out of the cylinder. It had to be push started to get it going and i let it run for a while and now it starts first kick every time.

My question is i removed the spark plug again today and turned it over to see if any water waas in there but all that came out was black oil. Is this a bad sign? I drained the oil right after and it looks like theres no water in it.

I'm new to 2 strokes and would like to make sure its good to go before i ride it.

Thanks!
go get this months dirt rider magazine. it has a article in it on what you should do after a dunk.

go get this months dirt rider magazine. it has a article in it on what you should do after a dunk.

I will have to do that thanks!

Out of curiosity, does ayone know why a little bit of oil would shoot out of the spark plug hole with the plug and tank removed and the engine is turned over?

From my understanding when the carb introduces the fuel/oil mixture into the cylinder, the fuel is immediately ignited and the oil is left suspended. There is where your internals get its lubrication from. The oil takes much longer to burn off so you will always have residual oil left in the cylinder and crank area. A good thing :thumb: