subs

What subs would you guys recommend in the 10" range? I'm gonna pick up a JBL 500w amp and I wanna get a sub that will mate well with it. I'm not much into car audio but I know JBL is made locally, and I know that the amp im looking as is rated for 500 rms watts and will put out 550w+ at 12v.

Anything you can recommend that isn't ridiculously expensive would help greatly.

How much you wanting to spend? You can make any 10inch subs sound decent.If you have a decent deck.

Don't get caught up on numbers with amps and subs. If they are lower quality stuff, They are lies. Not saying low quality stuff isn't good, Its just don't get caught up on numbers.

What model number is the amp?

Pawn shops usually are stackked with subs and boxes.

You will also need a amp wiring kit..... Run your power wires down one side of the cab and the RCA cables down the other side.Keep them away from each other as much as possible.

A good quality deck will make the whole system sound better. ....

500w is over kill unless you are running a fader on the sub to dial it in. Also are you running amps to the speakers as well? You need to keep the sub on a separate amp then your speakers. As BK mentioned you will need a amp kit with cross overs for you other speakers and keep them separate. Stereos can get expensive and if you want them to sound good, you need to throw quality components at it. I had 2 10" subs in my old Toyota years ago and was only running 200w to them (100 a side) and it was enough power for the neighbors to hear me coming down the street. My truck was the DJ booth at Dez races and river runs. I had another 4 channel amp running 50w per speaker for my mids and highs.

Now my boat?......Stupid expensive, but load and awesome..:smirk:

As for 10" subs, I have been successfully with Kicker.

How much you wanting to spend? You can make any 10inch subs sound decent.If you have a decent deck.

Don't get caught up on numbers with amps and subs. If they are lower quality stuff, They are lies. Not saying low quality stuff isn't good, Its just don't get caught up on numbers.

What model number is the amp?

Pawn shops usually are stackked with subs and boxes.

You will also need a amp wiring kit..... Run your power wires down one side of the cab and the RCA cables down the other side.Keep them away from each other as much as possible.

A good quality deck will make the whole system sound better. ....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...leMKP-_-pla-_-Car+Amplifiers-_-9SIA0ZJ0RX9342 Watched a few reviews for it, the reviews said it is under rated at 12v and severely underrated at 14.4v. 12v is 550-600 rms 14.4v is 650-700 rms. JBL makes quality stuff.

I came in here looking for a sandwich..:pout:

I like clarity in my thump... Jbl FTW

Joisey Mikes... is duh best! :banana:.......... :burger:

OK, now back to topic... Just make sure the Sub is capable to receive the watts being pumped into it... even though it's abig speaker doesn't mean it's good! :prof: