Stator issues again...Help, Opinions, Etc. Anything would be great!?

I had a post on here before and talked about stator opinions and people's experience with Electrosport stators. The first once I had put on the bike burned up after about an hour. Since it had a warranty I sent it back and put the new one and on hoping maybe I just got a faulty one, same thing happened with this one sept after about 2 hours total of ride time.
Could something be causing this to happen???? I'm not a hard or abusive rider and I don't race my bike. Or are these Stators just junk?
Does anyone know of any Stators for a '03 rm125 that would be good????

SRAD97750

Staff member
When was the last time you changed the Voltage regulator rectifier?
What wattage is installed?
Any wires shorting? Have you seen every inch of every wire on the bike?

The one and only way to burn up a stator (Without physical damage) is to overheat it. Typically comes from the bike's electronics pulling too many amps for too long causing alot of heat. The voltage regulator rectifier regulates this voltage. If the regulator faults due to vibration or weak design, it will start frying other items.
I have a sneaking suspicion your battery is getting REALLY hot as well.

I would change all three this time to prevent any further damage. Battery, Regulator, and stator.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Ricky stator doesn't have one for a 2003, I think only up to a '98. Trial tech doesn't neither does baja designs. But baja designs has a ground float?

I'm not running a light on it. And I don't have a battery or other electronics on the bike

It there a lighting coil at all? If I remember correctly they make two stators for this bike. One has a lighting coil and one does not. You have the non lighting one, right? If you have the lighting coil version you really need top put a regulator in it even if you don't use it. The voltages can get real high on an unused lighting coil.

About the only possibility is a shorting or open wire so look at the entire wire harness. If wires flex too much they can break inside the insulation. Not in an hour or two though.

I'd guess that you just got unlucky twice in a row.

What about an eBay used stock coil?

I didn't know you had to put a regulator on it even if not running a light, I didn't have a regulator on it. Damn getting unlucky twice is pretty shitty, i don't know if they will honor the warranty on it again. But I have been checking ebay to see if they have used oem on there.