Forums
New posts
Search forums
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
What's new
New posts
New profile posts
Latest activity
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Everything Dirt Bike
General Dirt Bike
Starting issue
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="jbird710" data-source="post: 233536" data-attributes="member: 132"><p>Electrical problems suck. My 2006 XR650L developed a problem when it was about a year old where it would intermittently die and may or may not restart. Was convinced it was a CDI box issue because when I replaced it, problem seemed to go away; for a few weeks. I kept the old one in the tool pack and once it died a few miles from the house, I swapped it on the side of the road. It started and I made it home. Fought this problem for the better part of a year and even the Honda shop where I bought it couldn’t figure it out. One day when tinkering with it, I bumped the main wiring harness next to the steering neck while running and it was like I turned the kill switch off and on quickly; there was a broke wire in the harness that would break contact if I bumped it with the bike running. Didn’t even bother with trying to hunt it down, replaced the whole harness assembly. Haven’t had a problem since.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="jbird710, post: 233536, member: 132"] Electrical problems suck. My 2006 XR650L developed a problem when it was about a year old where it would intermittently die and may or may not restart. Was convinced it was a CDI box issue because when I replaced it, problem seemed to go away; for a few weeks. I kept the old one in the tool pack and once it died a few miles from the house, I swapped it on the side of the road. It started and I made it home. Fought this problem for the better part of a year and even the Honda shop where I bought it couldn’t figure it out. One day when tinkering with it, I bumped the main wiring harness next to the steering neck while running and it was like I turned the kill switch off and on quickly; there was a broke wire in the harness that would break contact if I bumped it with the bike running. Didn’t even bother with trying to hunt it down, replaced the whole harness assembly. Haven’t had a problem since. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Post reply
Forums
Everything Dirt Bike
General Dirt Bike
Starting issue
Top