Spare parts

Looking for suggestions on what to have for spare parts and other maintenance things needed. Trying to make a tool box to have most thing I need. What items should I have for maintenance and common parts to break?

List so far

Chain spray
Air filter
Air filter spray
Oil
Oil filter
Valve shim
Spark plugs
Zip ties
Coolent

What should I add?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Master link, tube repair kit, water resistant axle grease, control levers, duct tape, fuel line, hose clamps, alumna seal, bolt and nut assortment, 6,8,and some 10 mm stuff.

Are you talking to fix things track-side or just replacing common wear-parts? Either way, some torque wrenches would definitely be useful (one for the small stuff and one for the big stuff). Make sure you get some high-quality sockets though. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent drilling out rounded bolts because of poor quality sockets on my wrenches :( first they crack and then they strip xD

May also add some tire spoons if you're thinking of fixing flats (but then also tires and tubes?)

As far as spare parts go, it's probably best to have backups of as many wear-parts as you can with you though some things wear more evidently (i.e. chain & sprocket wear is usually easy to detect before heading out assuming nothing catastrophic happens).

-RageD

I’m sure you’re gonna enlighten us with your wisdom.

Well, she was a body builder, so a fake set of tits was in order. She also had a glass eye. She wasn't very hot, but fit for an old lady. If I can remember her name, I am sure there are photos of her on the WBB.

The guy I call my twin brother has a glass eye. You may never meet anyone closer to Crocodile Dundee than Bo' Brown. (At least I never have.) He used to take that out and lay it on the bar while we drank. Put it in a shot glass several times to rinse it. (Of course he put it back in.) We used to tell him he needed to get one that was bloodshot for those days that the real eye looked like it came off the back of a 57 ford.

Last edited: