Sometimes riding with the older guys has it's perks!

So yesterday I went up to Brown Mountain OHV as I quite often do, though I'm usually either alone or with my one buddy Travis. Being a wednesday afternoon, the place was EMPTY..... except for one other person, which was an older gentleman named Tim. I've talked to him before as he's up there all the time..... literally almost every time we go (and oddly enough, he lives 4 hours away.... he just loves riding here, lol). Never rode with him before though..... but since we were the only two there he asked if I minded if we rode together, which of course I didn't mind a bit. He's been riding there for 15 years and does a lot of exploring, so he knows the place a loooootttt better than I do. I had always wondered if there were any scenic overlooks there to get some good pictures from, as I had been on pretty much all the marked trails there and never found one. But he said "ohh yea there's a couple of them! You just gotta know where to go". So I said "lead the way!" haha

But yea.... didn't have to worry about the trails being too crowded, lol

0715151651_zpsbqnbri0m.jpg

And I must say.... he didn't disappoint! We got going down one of the regular trails I always do every single time I go, but a little ways into it hooked a sharp left hander off the trail onto some unmarked single track going off into the woods. Go for a little ways and it pops you out onto a big rock, then go to the right just a short distance and you end up..... here! As many times as I've been to Brown Mountain, I had absolutely no idea this spot even existed. And I'm a total sucker for a good photo-op spot. Pictures do it no justice..... the view was incredible

0715151751_zpsyzl6xyf5.jpg

0715151752_zps8ugrdusc.jpg

If you get in the right spot you can actually see the parking lot. And that big rock I'm sitting on is steeper than it looks! lol

0715151749_zpseqzdrswd.jpg

Did a little more exploring then it was starting to get later in the day so we started making our way back (on the main trails, lol)

0715151926_zpsfc9zjmvj.jpg

0715151927_zps02nx1dmi.jpg

Ended up having a GREAT ride! Really glad we got to ride together..... his knowledge of the place is absolutely insane. And from the sound of it, some of the stuff he rides is way beyond my current skill level, haha. But that will come in due time I suppose.... I'm still fairly new to the dirt world

looking back I'd call myself old now, but don"t feel it. I know several riders in their late 60's that can make kids in their 20's feel inept. a lot of the older guys have learned how to make the bike do most of the work and still not lose much speed, But thanks for the pics, looks like an awesome ride you had there.

Hey I'm not a senior, but I've ridden with some that have knocked my dick in the dirt.

That's good to hear there sparky..... that's a quality in a person that unfortunately is becoming more rare.
Yes very true now a days. Punks. Older folks have the best stories and are full of much more information. I enjoy being around "older" people much more. Always something to learn or at the least a good dirty joke haha

Yes very true now a days. Punks. Older folks have the best stories and are full of much more information. I enjoy being around "older" people much more. Always something to learn or at the least a good dirty joke haha

Yeah well if not full of much more information, much more full of somthing. As they say, youthfulness is wasted on the young, I'm beginning to understand what that means.

You would enjoy yourself if you could hang out with the old men we have out here in our deserts. I know of a few. :thinking: