SoCal Forest RR (10-9-10)

A little further on in the ride, there was some fine SSS to be had ... :ride:

I wish the downloaded vids played as cleanly as the originals, but, I guess ya gotta come over to my house to see 'em...

got to love that single trake, :thumb: i lost the trail in a few spots seems like you have to know where your going :smirk: Killer man keep them comin:banana:

Thought I would throw in one last vid of that day ... maxed-out my upload limit and had to wait 'til they gave me another deposit.

These are trails a little higher up into the trees. You have to excuse the sun-in-the-face for the first bit... :ride:

Thought I would throw in one last vid of that day ... maxed-out my upload limit and had to wait 'til they gave me another deposit.

These are trails a little higher up into the trees. You have to excuse the sun-in-the-face for the first bit... :ride:

:drool: I sure have been drooling a lot lately LOL I guess not riding my dirt bike for a couple weeks and watching this video it gives it more meaning. Sort of like Im getting my ride fix from it. That climb at min 2 looked like it was sort of soft. I felt like I was on the bike with you wanting lean and give it some gas. Those are some nice trails there! I appreciate a forest setting because I dont get to ride much of it. I mean I ride the same forest over and over for the most part. It is fun knowing the lines to take so I can go a little faster but, new terrain is new terrain and that looks delectable!

Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

The Next Trip...

This is a week-late RR on the next trip up to that area just after it rained. Threw in a few screen-captures from the video...

HIGHLIGHTS: Saw a hawk really close-up, Krusty’s Camel popped its cork, the pace was fast, the group tight … and had the best conditions and longest ride of the year.

Krusty’s chauffeur picked him up at 5:30 and we were away in about 2 minutes. Nascar pit crews would have been jealous of our loading and tie-down speeds. Stopped for breakfast and one of the old guy regulars was alone until he caught Krusty’s ear … so much for quiet time. After my catsup cheeseburger breakfast, I shoe-horned Krusty away from old dude’s rant and we were on the road again. Met Bajataxi at the staging area and we were off. Comments were made last time that we stopped too much so the target was a hundred-miler at a quick pace. Light rain all week meant ground conditions and hook-up were expected to be perfect so we launched. Did some canyons and washes and ST to the first peak. Perfect 360-degree view of clouds over wet desert from up top … God’s country! Seemed to get first tracks on most trails from here on out. Took the west trail down and got a nice shot of a hawk as we spooked him off his prey.

01MtnTop.jpg

02Hawk.jpg

Continued through a roller-coaster canyon to the gas stash then up into the mountain range. That first uphill has been neutered to a quad-friendly switchback … what a shame. Several miles up into the zone, we ran into a group rescuing a bike that spent the night up top. He said he “…hit a rock” but I don’t know how he could have mangled that rear hub like it was. Went north then headed west into the heart of the ST. The area is recovering nicely from “natural disasters” over the last couple years but still really exposed. Krusty has been fighting with the Camelback leaking and now he loses the bite-valve … and that’s why God made sticks that can jam into those hoses. Krusty kept trying to get a closer look at my sphincter-cam so the pace was stepped-up again. Bajataxi was hanging tight so we kept twisting that right grip and there wasn’t much time for resting. We were into it for a good 55 miles by then so we decided to make a short stop at an old plane wreckage. Quick break then back climbing up to where Tubinator “fixed” the head-high wire last time and made it into a trip wire. Now it’s laying a few inches above the ground looking like it might be attached to an IED or something … nice. Finished that trail off then continued gaining altitude.

03TrailUp.jpg

04RockHop.jpg

06TreesUp.jpg

07TreeClimb.jpg

08RockOn.jpg

:ride::ride::ride::ride:...:wave:

This is a week-late RR on the next trip up to that area just after it rained. Threw in a few screen-captures from the video...

HIGHLIGHTS: Saw a hawk really close-up, Krusty’s Camel popped its cork, the pace was fast, the group tight … and had the best conditions and longest ride of the year.

Krusty’s chauffeur picked him up at 5:30 and we were away in about 2 minutes. Nascar pit crews would have been jealous of our loading and tie-down speeds. Stopped for breakfast and one of the old guy regulars was alone until he caught Krusty’s ear … so much for quiet time. After my catsup cheeseburger breakfast, I shoe-horned Krusty away from old dude’s rant and we were on the road again. Met Bajataxi at the staging area and we were off. Comments were made last time that we stopped too much so the target was a hundred-miler at a quick pace. Light rain all week meant ground conditions and hook-up were expected to be perfect so we launched. Did some canyons and washes and ST to the first peak. Perfect 360-degree view of clouds over wet desert from up top … God’s country! Seemed to get first tracks on most trails from here on out. Took the west trail down and got a nice shot of a hawk as we spooked him off his prey.

01MtnTop.jpg

02Hawk.jpg

Continued through a roller-coaster canyon to the gas stash then up into the mountain range. That first uphill has been neutered to a quad-friendly switchback … what a shame. Several miles up into the zone, we ran into a group rescuing a bike that spent the night up top. He said he “…hit a rock” but I don’t know how he could have mangled that rear hub like it was. Went north then headed west into the heart of the ST. The area is recovering nicely from “natural disasters” over the last couple years but still really exposed. Krusty has been fighting with the Camelback leaking and now he loses the bite-valve … and that’s why God made sticks that can jam into those hoses. Krusty kept trying to get a closer look at my sphincter-cam so the pace was stepped-up again. Bajataxi was hanging tight so we kept twisting that right grip and there wasn’t much time for resting. We were into it for a good 55 miles by then so we decided to make a short stop at an old plane wreckage. Quick break then back climbing up to where Tubinator “fixed” the head-high wire last time and made it into a trip wire. Now it’s laying a few inches above the ground looking like it might be attached to an IED or something … nice. Finished that trail off then continued gaining altitude.

03TrailUp.jpg

04RockHop.jpg

06TreesUp.jpg

07TreeClimb.jpg

08RockOn.jpg

:ride::ride::ride::ride:...:wave:

You should consider a new thread for each ride report.

Good stuff! I need to get down that way some day.

but, I guess ya gotta come over to my house to see 'em...

nbeze - OK then. Seemee isn't far. :thumb:

Thanks for the vids. A nice lunchtime diversion! It's nice to see so much green up there. I had imagined a much worse scenario after the last couple of fire years. Wish I could get back up there, but it will be closed any day now due to winter. Maybe next spriing......

Thanks again. Let me know when the viewing party is.... :smirk::smirk:

bp

...it will be closed any day now due to winter ... Let me know when the viewing party is.... :smirk::smirk:

bp

bp - Yep, winter cometh fast.

As a party primer, I'll PM you a link to the uncut vids of the areas below and above. They give me my riding fix when I can't get out...

Got it. Thanks!!! Will watch em when I have the opportunity. These days, unfortunately, that's about as close as I'm getting to riding.......:cry: