Snow and Desert Ride Report

got the word from Timoyz of a silverwood dam loop ride on a monday i was free so packed up and off i went. met up with tim bright and early and we geared up and headed up the mt. started getting into more and more snow. about 7 miles in and after it was already kicking my ass we noticed a big black cloud rolling in. I told tim yea i just seen some mist.... NOPE he says thats snow not mist :O. he tells me the riding is kicking his ass too so i quickly say... LETS GO TO THE DESERT.... he mentions copper city so off we go back to the trucks loaded up not even taking out gear off and away we roll to the new spot. The Desert was so perfect.... nice and tacky no dust and i even got to smell the wet dirt following tim. We found some really fun single track near the rainbow basin. made our way around here and there and then went to Kennys Cabin. After that we searched for the Tonka Town but didn't find it. we then ended up at a radio tower of some sort and from there pretty much headed back towards the truck in the funnest way.

My picture camera died fairly fast so only a couple pics ....

feju5d.jpg

2nunead.jpg

but i did get a LOT of footage. I am trying something new for me with this Ride Reports video. Uploaded all the footage RAW straight from teh gopro. Minus a couple vids at the end of the ride because Youtube or my ISP is not being nice.... maybe two days straight of nothing but uploading made them mad :lol:. anyhow if you have a hour and a half you want to spend on watching our ride here is the video..... if not i will try to post highlights time marks as i go through it myself :lol:

remember that its much better in 1080p so if you can watch in that quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI_wYB8VECI

Your huffing and puffing sounded like me up at Geeks ride... Haven't seen the whole vid yet... looked like fun ... :shocked: ... isn'tit hard to ride with snow shoes on though ... :noidea:.... :smirk:

It's amazing what a little snow can do. Me and a buddy were doing that same ride a few years ago and hit snow. On that last hill coming from the damn before it tees into the fire road on Pilot Rock Ridge, it took us like 5 tries to get up the last 25 feet! I haven't ridden out at Copper City in a long time. Some fun stuff out there.

It's amazing what a little snow can do. Me and a buddy were doing that same ride a few years ago and hit snow. On that last hill coming from the damn before it tees into the fire road on Pilot Rock Ridge, it took us like 5 tries to get up the last 25 feet! I haven't ridden out at Copper City in a long time. Some fun stuff out there.
yea those little get offs take so much out of me especially right now when one shoulder isnt 100%... i cant jsut muscle the bike around right now. Im sure it would have been really fun in a challenging way if we kept going but i know it would have beat the crap out of me which i prolly shouldn't be doing till i know whats going on with my shoulder.