125 small wheels??

SRAD97750

Staff member
Wheel size directly correlates to how the bike performs over particular terrain. The taller the wheel, the larger the obstacle you can roll over.
So if you are doing this for street purposes, wheel diameter matters alot less.-BIG DAN:thumb:

no i want to put small wheels on my kx for my nephew his afraid to ride it now with big wheels because his feet can't touch the ground..so would it be a bad idea to put smaller wheels on??

It will change it, but if that's what it takes, do it. Lowering the suspension would be less probably.

"lowering the suspension" would i lower the forks on the clamps and how lower could i go with them?? and with the shock would i just loosen off the spring?or is there another method?

"lowering the suspension" would i lower the forks on the clamps and how lower could i go with them?? and with the shock would i just loosen off the spring?or is there another method?
How much do you need to lower it?
Forks: look into stacking washers inside and sliding up the clamps.
Shock: Look into a lowering link, etc.

If you are dealing with an 18/21 are you thinking 17/19?

How much do you need to lower it?
Forks: look into stacking washers inside and sliding up the clamps.
Shock: Look into a lowering link, etc.

If you are dealing with an 18/21 are you thinking 17/19?

a 15 year old..where do u put the washers and would u get a lowering link on ebay..that's a linkage your talking about?

hard to gain much and find anything that will fit your axles. if you have a manual that covers your forks or shock you can probably see where you can gain. the big worry on the front is if you get the front too low and the tire bottoms against the fender and clamps your wheel locks momentarily, but it is pretty easy to see how far you can pull those up before it hits, by taking the caps off and slowly lowering the bike on it's suspension. for the back you can back the spring off and see if it enough, but all those things make it handle pretty sloppy.

Maybe it is best to go with your cousin's fears and get him on something his size first.

hard to gain much and find anything that will fit your axles. if you have a manual that covers your forks or shock you can probably see where you can gain. the big worry on the front is if you get the front too low and the tire bottoms against the fender and clamps your wheel locks momentarily, but it is pretty easy to see how far you can pull those up before it hits, by taking the caps off and slowly lowering the bike on it's suspension. for the back you can back the spring off and see if it enough, but all those things make it handle pretty sloppy.

Maybe it is best to go with your cousin's fears and get him on something his size first.

ya i was a bit worried about backing off the spring too much..ill see how low she goes without compromising safety..