250F running hot?

hey my 07 kx250f seems to b running fine once it warms up but the exhaust seems to get exceptionally hot when i fired it up at night the header pipe glows red which i thought was a little much. i thought maybe the things running too lean? maybe its not the big of a deal n a lotta these 4 strokes are gonna do that? any insight is greatly appretiated thank you

James

Staff member
Like Dan said, this is somewhat normal.

Sidenote, how old is the coolant? Plus if you aren't already running it I'd try Engine Ice next time.

i replaced the engine head with a used one off ebay after it droped an exhaust valve during the spring so the coolant is fairly new. I used what ever coolant my local motosports shop recomended its not engine ice maybe il try getting some

i replaced the engine head with a used one off ebay after it droped an exhaust valve during the spring so the coolant is fairly new. I used what ever coolant my local motosports shop recomended its not engine ice maybe il try getting some

Be sure not to mix the engine ice with any other coolant. It will colagulate and make a mess of things. If you are gonna get some engine ice be sure to drain all of the old coolant and then flush the entire system with warm water.

Engine ice is water based. I forgot to flush mine when changing over and there has been no illefects or messes.

Its not really the little stuff that does it. Its when you look at your coolant level and go "oh im low on coolant, better put some more it" and then grad the engine ice by mistake. Im not sure how it all works, but it says on the bottle not mix. sorry if this makes me sound like a dick, im not trying to be it just came out that way. That's good you were able to switch over with no bad effects. :thumb: