South Rowher Flats 2.10.13

Yes.

I will keep working on getting the FUCKING BRAKES to work and the FUCKING FORKS to work, cause if I did, then maybe I could figure out how to make it FUCKING HANDLE, which would be cool, cause it's light and it's e-start.

But it's been a brick wall so far...the fine line between oversteer and clean cornering quality is ridiculous.
I've been messing with front and rear sag, fork height, fork damping, bar height, .....

I can get it to do predictable oversteer/drift, but then it will NOT turn when going downhill with the engine braking. It hunts all over the place. I cannot hold a line, and have to slow way down.

Then I make other adjustments.....I can get it to track down hill, and hold a line even with heavy or light engine braking, but then it will NOT drift turn. I cannot turn with the rear wheel when going too fast, so I have to slow way down.

Every other bike I've owned I can get both, to some degree.

I have fallen down at low speeds on this bike more than all my other bikes combined...and I've only ridden it 5 times in 4 months..

Then there is the front brakes. I've tried (2) different rotors, 600degree fluid, and (3) different pads, and they are all the same: 4 or 5 minutes of good brakes, then they overheat, glaze over, and fade, and squeal like crazy.

Next thing to try is ultra-soft pads, with a toe-in shim under them, greasing all the pad plate contact points, and bead-blasting the disc.

AAARRRGH
George at ESP maybe for help?

Yes.

I will keep working on getting the FUCKING BRAKES to work and the FUCKING FORKS to work, cause if I did, then maybe I could figure out how to make it FUCKING HANDLE, which would be cool, cause it's light and it's e-start.

But it's been a brick wall so far...the fine line between oversteer and clean cornering quality is ridiculous.
I've been messing with front and rear sag, fork height, fork damping, bar height, .....

I can get it to do predictable oversteer/drift, but then it will NOT turn when going downhill with the engine braking. It hunts all over the place. I cannot hold a line, and have to slow way down.

Then I make other adjustments.....I can get it to track down hill, and hold a line even with heavy or light engine braking, but then it will NOT drift turn. I cannot turn with the rear wheel when going too fast, so I have to slow way down.

I have fallen down at low speeds on this bike more than all my other bikes combined...and I've only ridden it 5 times in 4 months..

Then there is the front brakes. I've tried (2) different rotors, 600degree fluid, and (3) different pads, and they are all the same: 4 or 5 minutes of good brakes, then they overheat, glaze over, and fade, and squeal like crazy.

Next thing to try is ultra-soft pads, with a toe-in shim under them, greasing all the pad plate contact points, and bead-blasting the disc.

AAARRRGH

Wow :faint:

Yes.

AAARRRGH

By the way, how much do you want for this piece of shit?

:thinking:

Yes.

AAARRRGH

:thinking:

Yes.

AAARRRGH
Bring it out to the dez, I'll dial it in for you...:devil: