Rmz 450

I have a 2022 RMZ 450. I was riding the other week for about 20 minutes so when I went to put the bike in neutral all of a sudden it made a metal to metal screeching noise as I released the clutch but went away as I pulled the clutch in. I rode it for about 3 minutes or to determine if I could maybe make it home but eventually it started making the noise through the first 3 gears. Anyone know what the issue is ?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Unfortunately, that type of issue will require disassembly to find the cause and extent of the damage.
A 2022? Is it still under a warantee of any kind? I know they are short lived if offered.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I have a 2022 RMZ 450. I was riding the other week for about 20 minutes so when I went to put the bike in neutral all of a sudden it made a metal to metal screeching noise as I released the clutch but went away as I pulled the clutch in. I rode it for about 3 minutes or to determine if I could maybe make it home but eventually it started making the noise through the first 3 gears. Anyone know what the issue is ?
One possible issue could be that the fiber on your clutch plates could be worn, leaving the plates metal to metal.