Rm500 project

Just picked up this old RM 500 (1983). Looking for some parts that it's missing. Does anyone know where I come get a clutch basket, clutch cover, kick start, maybe a new shift rod gear. Haven't really tore into this yet I'm sure I will need some other parts. Thanks

Yeah.... Go to dcplastics.com they have a lot of reproductions parts and plastics. There are also links everywhere on that site to direct you to parts hoarders.
Post some pics of that monster and if you want it to run happy go to the airport and get some 100ll AV gas and mix it 6.4oz of oil per gal. Use the Kawasaki premix oil if you can find it. Next best thing would be yamalube. Don't get the synthetic stuff.

Yeah.... Go to dcplastics.com they have a lot of reproductions parts and plastics. There are also links everywhere on that site to direct you to parts hoarders.
Post some pics of that monster and if you want it to run happy go to the airport and get some 100ll AV gas and mix it 6.4oz of oil per gal. Use the Kawasaki premix oil if you can find it. Next best thing would be yamalube. Don't get the synthetic stuff.
Is that Kawi premix good stuff? I usually run Lucas Oil for premix (2003 Kawi kx250) do you think I should switch over ?? Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread....

The older bikes love that old school oil and lots of it. New bikes are designed with synthetics and their blends in mind.
So do you think my 87 kx250 would benefit from Kawi oil? I usually run bel Ray MC1 in that but my local riding stores are stating to faze it out. I bought the last 2 bottles (like 12oz bottles) and they said they are NOT ordering anymore. You think I should switch to Kawi or run Lucas?

So do you think my 87 kx250 would benefit from Kawi oil? I usually run bel Ray MC1 in that but my local riding stores are stating to faze it out. I bought the last 2 bottles (like 12oz bottles) and they said they are NOT ordering anymore. You think I should switch to Kawi or run Lucas?

Stick with the Lucas if you are happy with it. No reason to change unless your local supplier changes.

DC Plastics rock.:rocker:

20150506_035505.jpg