RM 250

im considering buying a 2003 RM 250 however he said the top end needs to be rebuilt, he also said the the piston screw blew out. If I do buy what parts would I need to buy for it

Well I think if the owner said anything about a "piston screw" he is quite lost. I would go on bikebandit.com and look at what is in the cylinder. Figure replacing the cylinder or replating the current one. Maxpower has a site where you can find prices to replate. For any of the jap 250's of the era mentioned and only what you yold me so far 7-800 dollars, top offer for the bike.

im considering buying a 2003 RM 250 however he said the top end needs to be rebuilt, he also said the the piston screw blew out. If I do buy what parts would I need to buy for it

Unless he said or meant piston skirt...... he must be smoking one of those magical mushrooms.

I meant piston skirt but autocorrect changed it

Damn autocorrect......well then if you want the bike and can do all the labor yourself, I'd offer 500 and no more than 700. If there are no surprises you should have 1300 -1500 in the bike including purchase after repairs. If there are then that allows you a few hundred Bucks as the bike is worth around 1800 or so in good condition.