150F/230F Right bike for me

Hey guys recently my rm85 has decided to give up on me and the throttle was stuck at full speed so I broke a few bones. So my dad is pushing me to get a new bike. Before the incident We had brought the rm 85 to be repaired but apparently it didn't do much. Anyway I was wondering what would be a good trail bike for me. At the moment I am almost 15 and am 5'10. I have been riding for only a year so a 125 two stroke is out of the question according to my dad. I was wondering if a crf 150r would be a good choice for me. But I do want a bike I won't grow out of within 6 months. Would the crf 150 be a good choice? And what's the difference between a crf 150r and crf 150f? Thanks

You are way too big for a 150.
A 150r is a race bike built for the supermini class.
The 150f is a trail bike. Very mellow and a beginner bike.
If you want a trail bike the 230 is ideal. If you want a race bike the yz125 is ideal.
If you want a more serious bike without the race mods because you plan on riding woods mostly then a ktm200 is ideal.
Where in nj do you ride George?

SRAD97750

Staff member
How much bigger do you think you're going to get?
At 5 foot 10, you should be able to ride anything you can wrap your brain around. Meaning, if you can control your wrist, there are no bikes too big for you.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Maybe somewhere along the way it would be a wise thing if you learned how to tell that your throttle was going to stick open. The bigger, faster rigs all bite a little bit harder. Maintenance. Good thing to learn about.