Rigged-Up Rides (Jerry-rigging, redneck rigging) Post em!!

If anyone is like me...you appreciate a nice, creative riggage. Post some pictures and explain the story!

This one may be one of my greatest. My buddy's exhaust screws from the bracket all stripped out the pipe some how. I tried wiring it first...then came up with this mess. Purty sturdy too!
quadrig.jpg

Then the simple track fix. I actually sold the bike like that.. :lol:
bikerig.jpg

If only I'd gotten some of my other work on camera. :smirk:

This thread just inspired me to start taking pictures of jerry rigs :thumb: wish I would have started doing this years ago :lol:

How does that chain stay put? :shocked:

This thread just inspired me to start taking pictures of jerry rigs :thumb: wish I would have started doing this years ago :lol:

How does that chain stay put? :shocked:

Eh! I've had better McGyvers in the past...but this is the one I took a pic of. I tore the side panel off my bike and it was hanging down by the foot peg. I had a Swiss Army knife and a Pepsi bottle cap and made it work!

DSCN1340.JPG

SRAD97750

Staff member
I have an excellent one in this video.

We're riding in the snow at baldy mesa in some territory we had never been. Probably 15 miles from the truck and mike's clutch cable breaks at the engine case!!!
Anywho, a pair of visegrips and a rubber o-ring and we had ZERO trouble the whole way back... even with multiple snow-naps! Awesome jerry-rig!

AT THE HALFWAY MARK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v_hWVthvKo

I have an excellent one in this video.

We're riding in the snow at baldy mesa in some territory we had never been. Probably 15 miles from the truck and mike's clutch cable breaks at the engine case!!!
Anywho, a pair of visegrips and a rubber o-ring and we had ZERO trouble the whole way back... even with multiple snow-naps! Awesome jerry-rig!

AT THE HALFWAY MARK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v_hWVthvKo

:lol: :lol: That was absolutely beautiful!! Great job on that one. :hail: :thumb:

James

Staff member
:lol: Mine is almost embarrassing...correction...it is embarrassing, however it proves I'm a Dirt Bike Addict. Back when I first got my 250f it had a FMF carbon fiber exhaust (don't ever get one) and after about the first crash the carbon fiber was crushed. :foul:

:idea: Since I still wanted to ride before the new one came, I came up with a plan to jerry rig it. I cut a piece of metal out of a big peanuts can and riveted it to the exhaust. :facepalm: :lol:

I still have it somewhere, I'll see about getting a picture.

No pic's just use your imagination.....A friend of mine (a quadtard) did a couple of "NECK" type mods to his cruiser (Honda 400)
1) likes to have his beer on the trail (as do some of us) so instad of spending the extra squish on a cooler rack he made his own out of angle iron. Mind you the thought was good however there's a reason for bending machines of which you can't easily do with angle iron. He cut, welded and mounted it and the first "get off he had he tore his pants on one ofthe corners. :smirk:...I rubbed it in and told him rounded aluminum wouldn't do that...he gave me excuses. :blah:
2) While cruising up and donw the road from one parcel to the other he likes to have his beer already open so he can quench his thirst along the way :panic: sooooo....He mounted a plastic cup holder to his bars so he could set his beer down when he shifts/clutches.....:rolleyes:

Im liking this thread:thumb: It also got me thinking I should carry vicegrips.

I just bought a new chest protector because my old one had "rigormortis." It has been zip tied together for the last year. When you rig something that will never be repaired properly because it is just so old or broken, that is when you call it a "rig"ormortis job:lol: