125 Rich or lean pic included

The air filter is new. It's a brand new no toil air filter. Here is a few pics of the piston. I can also show you my other two Pistons with similar markings.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446391631.987159.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446391645.592272.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446391665.569070.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446391679.492198.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446391696.334168.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446391707.023461.jpg

Nothing on the head of the piston looks like it was affected. We never talked about your cylinder to bore clearance, which is something that your manual isnt going to be much help with, since you are not running a cast piston and you are not using a plated aluminum cylinder anymore.

that being said, when we all used iron liners the seizure you show was not all that uncommon. Lots of us stuck them early and simply cleaned them up and ran it again. (So I know about acid cleaning.) Still kind of smacks of a cold seizure. I would consider a breakin with a 16 or 20-1 mix if you don't find an airleak by my method or similar one.

Clarify for me, is this the first one you seized on the 134 kit?

Yes please do. And with labels on which is which.

#1 is the first piston I ever had in the bike after the 134 bore.

#2 was in the bike for maybe 10 laps.

Both Pistons were never heat cycled or had a break in. They were just idled until the radiator was hot to the touch then taken on the track.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446404373.338152.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446404381.859043.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446404394.515697.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446404404.019854.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446404415.909759.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446404429.449150.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446404451.112574.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446404489.462474.jpg

Nothing on the head of the piston looks like it was affected. We never talked about your cylinder to bore clearance, which is something that your manual isnt going to be much help with, since you are not running a cast piston and you are not using a plated aluminum cylinder anymore.

that being said, when we all used iron liners the seizure you show was not all that uncommon. Lots of us stuck them early and simply cleaned them up and ran it again. (So I know about acid cleaning.) Still kind of smacks of a cold seizure. I would consider a breakin with a 16 or 20-1 mix if you don't find an airleak by my method or similar one.

Clarify for me, is this the first one you seized on the 134 kit?

Yes it's the first time it seized. The other 2 Pistons didn't lock up but it's shows signs of cold seizure. I'm also going to say it's from Improper break in and not enough heat cycles from what I'm gathering from you guys. I also have a pic of when the bike was still a 125cc before the bore but it still had the sleeve and the piston looks horrible. The piston when installed into the cylinder without the ring does have some play so it seems that it would be fine as for as cylinder to piston clearance but I don't have a measurement on that.

OMG!!!!!
:faint:
I want to throw up. Those Pistons look horrible. Definitely some cold seizure.
Maybe your cylinder is a bit out of spec at the bottom of the stroke as well. You will need an inside micrometer for that.

I'm back at work for 2 weeks so it will be awhile before I can get you those pics. I talked to a local automotive machine shop in my town and told
Him my problem and I'm going to get them to run a hone just to clean up the cylinder and check clearances. Then I'll install fresh piston and ring then proper break in with correct ring gap. Hopefully cold seizure won't be an issue anymore.

By the way this bike hauled a** with the port and bore. Mid-top was a huge difference so hopefully all will
Be good because I miss this fun lil beast.

to get an actual round cylinder the hone isn't my first choice when you have deposits. if you hone long enough to remove them, they force the hone off center as it "bounces" over the aluminum for awhile. it is why builders have used acid in the past. many shops shy away from it now, as it is a hazardous waste.

the kits we got from eric gorr ran as you describe and make a 125 a lot more useable for play riding.

good luck getting it squared away, but in the future I would stay away from a lined cylinder. you have some real money in this one, so you will want to run it out before you do any changing over.