Exhaust Review of Rocket Exhaust 2011 kx250f

Well I got a deal through Rocket exhaust. I offered to write up a review for them for the deal I got.. I made it clear to them that I would only write what I think good or bad. I can say they have not sold me crap. How ever since I've only ridden this exhaust once I can not talk about long term longevity.

So first things first. Packaging. I received my exhaust in a well packaged box with each component individually wrapped in bubble wrap. Took for ever to unwrap it.. This is good. Hard to find any company now a days that goes the extra mile to make sure its safe in transit.

So I ordered a full exhaust system for my 2011 kx250f I got the carbon can. I was immediately told by rocket and by a friend [whom is a pro mechanic] that carbon cans don't like it when the packing is bad. What I do know is that modern 4 strokes blow through packing quit quickly and unfortunately most people don't know this and let it go way past the need to change it.. Inherently carbon fiber is not the best for the extream heat generated by our bikes. So it makes sense that you need to keep up with the packing so to this I'm not faulting Rocket and give them props for warning me.

SO now for looks.. I love the looks of the pipe The end cap is powder coated but it does look good.. We will have to see how it looks with some hours on it but I don't see it being to bad maybe at the end it may distort due to heat but I'm not thinking it will be that much of an issue..

So now on to the first start up of the bike [no riding] for a sound sample.. Since I didn't order it to the 94db specs of ama I can say this pipe is loud.. Louder then I expected. I will be ordering the insert to quieten it down..

Sound sample while riding.. It's not as loud as I perceived while just on the stand.. I've heard hmf pipes and other that were so bad I could feel it pounding my ears through my helmet.. This exhaust is not like that.. Riding with out a helmet [yes I know no helmet = stupid] it didn't bother me. Riding with a helmet on it sounded great but for all purposes though it's still too loud since sound pollution is an issue for us all.. Comparing this exhaust to my 2007 with a full procircuit exhaust the sound is roughly the same so if you're buying on sound alone and considering a procircuit exhaust you can not base your purchase on sound between the two pipes..

Next power.. Since I have not had anything other then the stock exhaust on the 2011 I can't compare it with other mfs. How ever compared to stock this rocket exhaust uncorked the pipe.. It's more responsive on the bottom through the lower end of the top of the rev limited.. I did not have to much in the track I rode where I could or needed over rev.. So unfortunately I did not check to see if it lost or gained on the upper revs. Since switching to the 2011 from the 07 I stopped over revving.. had I put this on my 2007 I would have known since I rode on the top of that bike everywhere.. The 2011s don't need it..

SO currently I like the pipe and plan on getting the 94db insert hopefully it will quieten the pipe down and not sacrifice to much.. I suspect even with the insert it will still be better then the stock pipe..

To add Rocket exhaust stopped producing their pipes in china and are now American made and assembled here in the states. With the fact that rocket does not sell to a middle man and rather for the most part sell directly to the customer their prices are kept down.. I've heard horror stories of when they had Chinese make their pipes they were of shit quality.. So far the pipe I have that was made here in the US of A it's anything but shotty..

More info later when I get some more time on the bike with the pipe at different tracks and conditions..