Body Quck Release Seat Pin

Ok, so I broke a seat bracket on my last ride and instead of replacing the bracket or whole seat, I decided to install a quick release seat pin. I went to Tractor Supply and spent about $5 on parts. My son liked it so much he ask me to put one on his YZ85. Now we can pull a pin and have the seat off in seconds.

So here are the parts I got

3/4 D-Ring, 3/8 Clevis pin
DSCF3192.jpg

1/8 Tension pin, couple flat 3/8 washers
DSCF3193.jpg

3/8x 1 Fender washers, Hitch pin clip

DSCF3189.jpg

First I removed the seat brackets and the put the seat back on and cut a small slit in the back of the seat

DSCF3195.jpg

Then I used a 3/8 drill bit to drill a hole all the way through the seat and fender

DSCF3196.jpg

I spread the D-ring and installed into the clevis pin, squeezed it back together and put a 3/8 washer on the clevis

DSCF3197.jpg

Inserted the clevis pin through the seat and put the Tension pin in the closest possible hole in the clevis pin. I use a small flat tip screw driver to spread the ends of the tension pin so it won't come out.

DSCF3199.jpg

I then put the seat back on to determined the shortest possible length of the clevis, cut it off and filed it smooth. I put on a 3/8 fender washer on the bottom with some liquid nail on the washer so it stays on the fender. Installed the hitch pin.

DSCF3206.jpg

Here's the top

DSCF3202.jpg

Here is the one of my bike

seatpin1.jpg

seatpin2.jpg

seatpin3.jpg