Power converters...

Hey guys, my pops got me a corded impact gun for christmas instead of a cordless so i was wondering if anyone in here knew of a good fairly cheap converter for my truck that would be able to run it. I've got just a really cheap one that i've used for cell phones but not anything bigger. Would like it to be able to run my laptop too. Thanks :cheers:

I believe you are referring to Power Inverter not converter. Anyway, you can get them at most auto stores and even places like Wal-mart, target, cosco, sears etc. As far as a brand I wouldn't know but as far as power you don't need much to run laptops and cell chargers but to run something like power tools you will need to look at the amps drawn from tool vs the watts the inverter puts out. I know my one for my truck is a 200w and it won't run a 14 amp circular saw but laptops are no issue. I would get as big wattage as you can possible afford. Overkill is not an issue with this item in my eyes :prof:

I believe you are referring to Power Inverter not converter. Anyway, you can get them at most auto stores and even places like Wal-mart, target, cosco, sears etc. As far as a brand I wouldn't know but as far as power you don't need much to run laptops and cell chargers but to run something like power tools you will need to look at the amps drawn from tool vs the watts the inverter puts out. I know my one for my truck is a 200w and it won't run a 14 amp circular saw but laptops are no issue. I would get as big wattage as you can possible afford. Overkill is not an issue with this item in my eyes :prof:
^^^^ What Jax said. Red, get a 1500 watt inverter - you'll be able to run lots of stuff and even make a cup of coffee too :smirk: a converter takes ac to dc :prof:

It's going to need a 1000 watt inverter if not even larger. It's not going to run off of the cig lighter. It needs to be wired directly to the battery with as short of wires as possible. Those kind of tools tend to take a huge starting surge so it might need even more than 1000 watts. A 2000 watt inverter will cost as much as the tool you are trying to run.

Ok sounds good... I'm going to be running it off the battery too and into an empty spot on my dash that looks the right size or a regular duplex receptical. My computer didn't like the word "inverter" when I was typing this out last night...lol. Maybe next dez trip I'll have my own microwave. :banana: :smirk:

I love mine but recently discovered it is not big enough to run my coffee maker:cry: Can they be too big and fry what your plugging into it?:noidea:

Enjoy your new toys Red:thumb: