250 Pogo stick

the first thing you are going to check with is to see if the levels are very close to even with eachother. so loosen the top triple clamp and and unscrew those. when you put them back, keep in mind they don't have to be as tight as some people try to make them.

collapsed is the best way to test and set the levels, but i take the springs out first, since less oil comes up with the springs. with the caps loose and the rods loose from the caps you can remove the springs over a bucket or newspapers very slowly to avoid mess and to keep as much oil to measure as you can in the tubes. once collapsed i take my bent piece of rod which is a little over 10" long act as a dipstick checking where the level comes on each leg and measuring with a little machinist rule that i have. a measuring tape works as well, and you can even put it down the fork and meausure the height, tho i like the dipstick way best. the higher the level the more spring affect you have. measure the springs and see if they are within a 1/16" of eachother and compare the lengths to what the manual suggests. race tech can give you a measurement if you dont have access to it. at this point since you are probably going to ride it anyway it is kind of just so you know how worn they are.

I havent set up a kx in so long my levels would be a little like guessing. I starte kyb 46's with a collapsed height of 6 3/4" of an inch. for my bikes (yamaha yz's) it seems to work because I like them just a bit stiffer than how they come. Play with it and see what you like. lots of people use those 2 dollar turkey basters to suck oil out and add it to get the level they want. you can change the oil easily on the outer chamber once you have it down this far. when i refill i dump about 300 cc's in, then work the slider up and down to get the air out, then hold my hand over the cap end to create a vacuum a time or two to help that as you pull the slider down. probably does nothing except give you something to do.

then go back together and test it to see what y ou like.
Alright. Thank you sir. That was very helpful! I'll try it out and let you know

If you are just trying things for spring effect you can play with adding atf etc if it was low, then drain and put in some 5 or 7.5 actual fork oil (my fav's anyway).

KYB's all seem to like heavier weights that the Showas. I like to adjust the settings for the lighter weights for two reasons: one is that more of my riding is in sub 50's weather. mostly for me is that if you start out valved for the thinner oil you have less change in the suspension as the oil warms and thins out further. It seems really happy on the 5 wt. for everything from the highspeed river bottom we do to some tight rooty trails.