450F Please help,yz450 wont kick over out of NOWHERE

My stator had went out,took about 2 months until manufacturer had another off ebay and I ordered it,just got it,replaced and bike wont kick over,its stuck....i know every one gonna say bike seized up,piston damage,but when i stopped ridin it was all good,even throughout the 2 months waiting on stator,i had tried a few times of kickin it to visible see if spark plug started back sparking,lol,weirdly hopin stator just fixed itself..and those few times it was kickin over,so why out of nowhere,when havent been ridin bike,that it will just get stuck,also i had my spark plug out the whole 2 months,as i still do right now,wanted to check for spark with new stator before puttin it back in..PLEASE HELP..

SRAD97750

Staff member
I would first try to turn the motor over with the rear wheel with it in gear. If it turns over, then I would begin digging into why the kicker is locked up. Pull the RH cover and check the kick mechanism for operation.
The spark plug being out the whole time leads me to believe something could have fallen inside.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Towel was over top of bike , as well as the hole is every small,so i doubt something fell inside..also isnt bike meant to lock up when into gear?thats why its supposed to b in neutral in order to push it,correct?

Yea i put a new stator,mmm,maybe something is causing it to lock up,i will take stator off then try and turn it over
Good idea, it is easy to get something caught when you change that on many bikes. You need to know a few things though about how a motor works. You are correct about putting it in neutral to push it. You seem to have missed SR's suggestion about putting it in gear to see if you can turn the motor over by turning the back wheel. It is much easier with the sparkplug out, and if you could turn it over that way it would tell you that there was something wrong with the kickstarter etc.

Ok,I been really busy/ somewhat lazy,just now getting to taking off stator to seenif that is the cause of the kick start locking,and turns out it is,once I took off stator I was able to push kick start with my hand,put it back on,wasnt able,took off again and able again.ANY insight?Should I have bike in certain gear or neutral?I dnt see anything inside caseing that would cause flywheel to not spin,but its for sure stator,it seems intact and put on correctly,same way I took old one off?Please comment anyone with insight on why new stator is causing flywheel to not spin,which is causing kick start lock up