125 please help need advice!

SRAD97750

Staff member
$400 is a good price for an unknown YZ125 that starts... (even if only momentarily)
Leaves you alot of room to rebuild and stay within it's value. I think it's worth $1000-1500 here in my area. Results may vary.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

$400 is a good price for an unknown YZ125 that starts... (even if only momentarily)
Leaves you alot of room to rebuild and stay within it's value. I think it's worth $1000-1500 here in my area. Results may vary.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Thanks for the information. I am hoping it will be something minor and can be fixed easily. I am no stranger to turning wrenches lol but all my experience is on pickup trucks and 4 strokes. 2 stroke engines are a new thing for me to dig into.

Thanks for the information. I am hoping it will be something minor and can be fixed easily. I am no stranger to turning wrenches lol but all my experience is on pickup trucks and 4 strokes. 2 stroke engines are a new thing for me to dig into.

throw another $400 into a total rebuild, clean the carb and you'll have a brand new running motor and a resale of about $1500+

throw another $400 into a total rebuild, clean the carb and you'll have a brand new running motor and a resale of about $1500+

Thanks I was wondering what your all suggestions on parts wound be, weisco seems to be the most common. Buy reading reviews there seem to have some trouble with the bottom end. But I read some like that for every brand. Possibly I could be the rider not the part lol. What are your thoughts

Thanks I was wondering what your all suggestions on parts wound be, weisco seems to be the most common. Buy reading reviews there seem to have some trouble with the bottom end. But I read some like that for every brand. Possibly I could be the rider not the part lol. What are your thoughts

you can just send the crank out and have it rebuilt.... its about a $50 difference. I have only ever used wisecos in my big bikes. My kids RM85 always got oem.

I like Hot Rod cranks, never had a problem with them. I've heard wiesco cranks had a problem with breaking due to manufacturing defects. But from what I understand they have fixed that problem and I guess they have cleared all the suspect cranks off the shelves.