Picked up a bike for my buddy today

So me and my buddy went and bought a 2004 cr 250 2 stroke today it's a really clean bike but it has no idle I took it apart as soon as I got home and the air filter is in horrible shape hence the no idle and the plug is white so I'm hoping it's just the air filter

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334200021.778269.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334200021.778269.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 47
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334200039.420588.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334200039.420588.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 45

James

Staff member
So me and my buddy went and bought a 2004 cr 250 2 stroke today it's a really clean bike but it has no idle I took it apart as soon as I got home and the air filter is in horrible shape hence the no idle and the plug is white so I'm hoping it's just the air filter
Wow, I hope it wasn't sucking dirt. If the filter is any sign as to how well the bike was maintained, I'd run like hell. :shocked:

BTW congrats on the new bike. :ride:

Wow, I hope it wasn't sucking dirt. If the filter is any sign as to how well the bike was maintained, I'd run like hell. :shocked:

BTW congrats on the new bike. :ride:
it runs strong but just doesn't idle I put my filter on it it still won't idle so it's gotta be the jetting the plug is white

it runs strong but just doesn't idle I put my filter on it it still won't idle so it's gotta be the jetting the plug is white
With a clogged air filter the bike should be running rich as it is not getting any air which will not cause the plug to be white by any means. No idle can also be caused by a clogged low speed or pilot jet and after seeing that air filter I can not imagine why. I would be concerned about other maintenance procedures having not been done.

With a clogged air filter the bike should be running rich as it is not getting any air which will not cause the plug to be white by any means. No idle can also be caused by a clogged low speed or pilot jet and after seeing that air filter I can not imagine why. I would be concerned about other maintenance procedures having not been done.
if the plug is white it's running lean if it's rich it's usually black

if the plug is white it's running lean if it's rich it's usually black

You're right, that's what he was saying in his post... (in so many words), pretty much saying it "wasn't" the filter but something else like a jet or ??? :prof: I too agree with his comment of "what else" might be lurking..... :shocked: