Party like it's 1977

SRAD97750

Staff member
Took this beast out for a stroll. Found a singletrack that went off the road, so I climbed the hill. She doesn't have near the oomphh I would like, but made it up the hill easily. The recent rain made conditions tacky. Awesome.

KE1.jpg

KE2.jpg

KE3.jpg

KE4.jpg

Mine were the only tracks. Not even the odd MTB tread... All mine

KE5.jpg

KE6.jpg

KE7.jpg

KE8.jpg

Video of some road riding, acceleration, hillclimb, and singletrack to come soon!!!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I remember my first real motorcycle was a 1971 Kawasaki 125 enduro. My dad got the 175 and I thought it hauled ass. :thinking: Had a lot of fun times with those bikes and him. :thumb:

Nice pics. I remember 1977, I was almost big enough to ride that bike back then. Too bad I didnt know anything about them. I was a child from a motorcycless family, woe is me:cry: I sure like those older bikes though. More to look at:smirk: Those are good pics of it. Is this a bike your keeping?

SRAD97750

Staff member
is that a specific hill that i know about Srad ?

Si senor. I found some really tough singletrack sections. Broke a blinker and front brake lever. It was seriously gnarly on the 1977 suspension. I weigh 300# mind you. Still took the switchbacks like a champ though.:banana: -BIG DAN

Sweet! I have a 73' Yamaha 125 AT3 sitting in the garage needing a restore done on it. Those bars look like one good hit and they will be lower rider bars.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Got pretty deep into some hiking trail and set it against the side of the hill. Broke the turn signal.
Steep switchbacks led to a RH lay down and broke, what I now realize is, a bicycle perch and lever.... :picard:

Got these items mended with 1979 perch/lever from a GS750 and used JB weld on the turn signal. These repairs are ERA correct...

KEbroke1.jpg

KEbroke2.jpg

Video coming soon.:prof:
-BIG DAN:thumb: