Or press delete....

Sir's Excuse me if my question's seem simple or basic, I'm not new to dirt biking but new to PC's and Forums. Here go's ; I know you can't Bore or a Nikasil cylinder, But there are Machine shops and others where I can have these services done, one of my questions is about Porting and Polishing there are certain attributes (Power increases) that apply, these I know. Can I Port and Polish (Mildly) a Nikasil Coated cylinder for these benefits than have the cylinder (Lined) Bored.
Another question, about the different Power Valves. Can the Spacers (Washers) in the Linkage be enlarged to take up slack in the Shaft Pinions and the Governors Shafts to reduce Play and wobble. By using enlarged Spacers and washers of the same composite material. Or is the play in these part there for heat expansion (or other reasons). It does not seem right that there should be so much play or space in the linkages. Can modifications improve, performance.
My last question, involves replacing fasteners (Bolt's and nuts). Like in the Crankcase, Clutch case, cylinder and other parts. Can these bolts and nuts be replaced from Steel to Hardened steel (different materials). Or is there a problem with heat expansion or other compatibility issue's. Seems if these items were changed it would improve straight.
Please excuse me if these questions seem simple or basic If so you can just press delete... Thank you for listening to my questions, Sir's....

Welcome!!!

You need the slack in the powervalve S because of the centrifugal force that actuate the valves. That's free play.
Almost all of the internal bolts, clips and fasteners on the inside of a motor are hardened bolts. Certain ones like pressure plate bolts are not. This is done by design. Back in the day the 1st thing we did was replace all of the exterior case screws with harder Allen bolts. Those damn Phillips screws would always strip. Since then the manufacturers moved to bolts which is way easier.

Sir, Thank you for the reply, it means a lot to me. First off, I was told by mail to "Confirm my Account" with your forum. How is this done ? In reply to my questions the slack in the Power valve components seems to be wrong to me, if there left with the slack, wouldn't it seem they would "Lag" or cause misfires. If they were more precise they would run more efficient ? Maybe I should change my views on them.
With the case of the bolt's from Philips, Bolt and Allen head that I know, but the question is changing them to a different Material, from say, rolled steel (weak material) to heat treated hardened steel. Wouldn't that straighten the seal (Bond) of the two bolted parts ?
My last question about Porting and polishing can it be done before Nikasil boring (Lining). Thank you Sir's for being with here....

P.S. I still do not understand how to "Confirm Account" ??????

Sir, Thank you for the reply, it means a lot to me. First off, I was told by mail to "Confirm my Account" with your forum. How is this done ? In reply to my questions the slack in the Power valve components seems to be wrong to me, if there left with the slack, wouldn't it seem they would "Lag" or cause misfires. If they were more precise they would run more efficient ? Maybe I should change my views on them.
With the case of the bolt's from Philips, Bolt and Allen head that I know, but the question is changing them to a different Material, from say, rolled steel (weak material) to heat treated hardened steel. Wouldn't that straighten the seal (Bond) of the two bolted parts ?
My last question about Porting and polishing can it be done before Nikasil boring (Lining). Thank you Sir's for being with here....

P.S. I still do not understand how to "Confirm Account" ??????

You can swap everything out for a harder bolt but remember the cases are still cast aluminum so the chances of busting the case are greater with a hardened bolt.
It's always best to port the motor before new nikasil is applied. Some people still port after the nikasil but the chances of chipping it are greater. When being resleeved with steel you should port after the sleeve is in.

Click on the "confirm account" in the email. That will redirect you.