250F One fork stays, the other drops down

Ok, I have a 01 wr250f, and tonight when I put the upper tripple clamp on, I noticed that when unloaded, one of the forks hangs at full drop while one stays up. Anybody know whats wrong? It was the brake side, but I pulled the brake caliper all the way off just to make sure...
Thanks

James

Staff member
This is with the fork in or out of the triple clamps?

If you make the triple clamps to tight it can bind the forks up.

Well I tore the forks down and what I found was extremely disturbing and unsettling :facepalm: if I had continued to ride it, severe injury probably would have resulted.

So what did you flake up?:thinking:

previous assembly evidently, Only thing I can think of is the cap wasn't tightened to the dampening rod, as in one fork it wasn't attached, the componets were just sitting in the bottom and the fork was basically being held together by the circlip that holds hte seals in :shocked:
I honestly have no freaking clue... I'm just glad I decided to tear them down.

previous assembly evidently, Only thing I can think of is the cap wasn't tightened to the dampening rod, as in one fork it wasn't attached, the componets were just sitting in the bottom and the fork was basically being held together by the circlip that holds hte seals in :shocked:
I honestly have no freaking clue... I'm just glad I decided to tear them down.

Iwas gonna say dampner assembly but you got it figured out... :thumb: