Old bikes vs new bikes

What year xr's will fit? I can essily put any motor in there and re fab motor mounts but what about where the motor mounts through the swing arm? Are all the holes back there the same size? The cant be..

if the motor is near complete it wont be too hard to put back. I would buy it if it was me even if your description is half off, as Red said. I am not about to tell you that I would use it as a rider normally.

if the motor is near complete it wont be too hard to put back. I would buy it if it was me even if your description is half off, as Red said. I am not about to tell you that I would use it as a rider normally.

the motor is there, just looks like it is missing half the bolts of it. It is litterally in boxes.

Find the part number for your swingarm bolt and run it through partzilla.com search bar and they will tell you all the bikes that bolt was used on giving you a start point for a suitable engine! Not sure about suitable years of engine but I've seen xr enginesvin Cr frames so it can be done!
At that price its a win win so get it anyway but as ossa said, don't count it as a daily rider!

you can get the schematics off of bikebandit.com and see what isnt there. it takes awhile, but it works

the xr's don't have swingarm bolts that go through the frames. there isnt a gain by using a cr frame from that era over an xr frame really. forks are better though.

Last edited: