2 Stroke Oil leak

so just picked up a none running 00 cr250. With a cleaning of the carb, new gas and plug it kick over and started, thought I was in good shape but now as it's running after warmed up it leaks oil through a small hole located at the bottom on the right side case. Dose any have any idea what this whole is for and why it would leak oil out of it?

Hey guys, so no threads in the hole. It is on the left bottom side of crankcase in front of drain plug. Also pulled the stater cover and oil in it too coming from another hole in back of case. Thinking one might have to do with other but not sure.

Attachments

• 20191009_223412.jpg
    20191009_223412.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20191009_225029.jpg
    20191009_225029.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20191010_010415.jpg
    20191010_010415.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 11

SRAD97750

Staff member
Clutch actuating arm seal or possible the center gasket for the cases. That is a weep hole to let you know you have a problem in the normally dry stator bay. -BIG DAN:thumb:

EDIT: get ready for some absolute nonsense posts about tapping, and putting a fucking bolt in there..... idiots...

Clutch actuating arm seal or possible the center gasket for the cases. That is a weep hole to let you know you have a problem in the normally dry stator bay. -BIG DAN:thumb:

EDIT: get ready for some absolute nonsense posts about tapping, and putting a fucking bolt in there..... idiots...
Bolt?.....I'd throw some chewing gum in it and call it a day...:smirk:

Yeah I would be looking at changing out the gaskets...

Hey I resemble that remark :smirk:
I only asked for pics:prof::lol:

Last edited: