Off the grid!

I am so jazzed for Saturday!

I put an ad in Cleveland's Craiglist looking for an LP gas refrigerator.

I got a response from a guy parting out a big RV.

For $50.00, I got a 3 way full sized refrigerator that works awesome on propane gas! I plugged it in at home and it made the mountains "blue" on my bottles of Coors Light!

I have to plumb it into my kitchen in my cabin with some tin lined copper tubing and hook it into my two hundred pounder tanks that fuels my awesome Humphrey gas lights and LP stove!

No more $15 ice purchases for a weekend and no more soggy food soaking in a soup of water and ice in a cooler! :banana::banana::banana:

That's cool as F! :P

For $50.00, I got a 3 way full sized refrigerator that works awesome on propane gas! I plugged it in at home and it made the mountains "blue" on my bottles of Coors Light!

I have to plumb it into my kitchen in my cabin with some tin lined copper tubing and hook it into my two hundred pounder tanks that fuels my awesome Humphrey gas lights and LP stove!

No more $15 ice purchases for a weekend and no more soggy food soaking in a soup of water and ice in a cooler! :banana::banana::banana:

How will you get propane to your cabin or are you gonna bring 5 gallon bottles?

You scored for that $50. Those usually go for a lot more around here.

Geek, did you see the refernece to the "two hundred pounder tanks?"

So any solar panels in your future? They are a lot less expensive than they used to be.

:smirk::thumb:

You scored for that $50. Those usually go for a lot more around here.

Geek, did you see the refernece to the "two hundred pounder tanks?"

So any solar panels in your future? They are a lot less expensive than they used to be.

I have two (2) 100 lb tanks hooked in tandem. There only job right now is to fuel all the Humphrey gas lights in my cabin, the stove, and the hot water heater when we need to take a shower or clean dishes. These tanks now will have the additional duty of cooling my food and beer. We used 40 lbs of propane in 8 months prior to the fridge. I expect to double that, but, Pffffffft! That's a great trade on investment!:banana:

And I'm totally jazzed about my trade that (should) happen this week for a 4WD Kubota diesel tractor with backhoe attachment, front end loader, box scraper, brush hog, and other goodies for my full sized backhoe! (and a couple of K $)

It would be perfect for my property! I made the offer, crossing my fingers!