250F No Spark after week of sitting

Hey guys, I recently rebuilt my 2010 kx250f and after running through the break in I checked the valves and retorqued all bolts. I put it up for the week while I went back to school and when I got home the next weekend, I pulled it out of the garage and it wouldn't fire. I been through the manual checking the resistances and voltages of the stator, coil, neutral switch and so on. I even ordered a wiring harness with a cdi and coil of eBay used and still no spark. (Not to say that those parts weren't possibly bad). I guess my main question right now is while using a DVA it took me forever to get the peak ignition voltage up to 100 volts (It took forever to get it that high and its supposed to be over 160). If this reading is accurate what would be the culprit? I get the 15V and 40V coming from the magneto which is in spec with the manual.

Hey guys, I recently rebuilt my 2010 kx250f and after running through the break in I checked the valves and retorqued all bolts. I put it up for the week while I went back to school and when I got home the next weekend, I pulled it out of the garage and it wouldn't fire. I been through the manual checking the resistances and voltages of the stator, coil, neutral switch and so on. I even ordered a wiring harness with a cdi and coil of eBay used and still no spark. (Not to say that those parts weren't possibly bad). I guess my main question right now is while using a DVA it took me forever to get the peak ignition voltage up to 100 volts (It took forever to get it that high and its supposed to be over 160). If this reading is accurate what would be the culprit? I get the 15V and 40V coming from the magneto which is in spec with the manual.

I would let it sit another week and see if it starts.
Or you can get a new plug cap and start from there. Did you disconnect the kill switch and try that as well?

Did you start it after the break in valve check?
Sometimes the spark is hard to see are you looking for spark or have you done the grab shock test. Everytime I do the grab shock it works. works good. :eek:

Did you start it after the break in valve check?
Sometimes the spark is hard to see are you looking for spark or have you done the grab shock test. Everytime I do the grab shock it works. works good. :eek:

No I didn't. I check the clearances and bolt torques, put it back together and left it. Then the next week it wouldn't start. The clearances were still in spec after running for 30 mins, I know they'll wear in a little after more time though.

How are you checking spark ,??? Spark tester ??? Spark plug ??? You did try a new plug , correct ???

I used a spark tester outside of the bike and a new spark plug grounded to the frame and inside the bike. However, I might have had the gap too wide on the spark tester but I still think I would have seen spark with the new plug. I even tried wrapping a wire around the plug and taping it on and connecting that to the frame ground bolt.

if it had spark before you adjusted the valves, I would start by making sure you didn't pull apart any connectors or wires, then I would pull the ignition cover off and visually inspect the magneto

I would check for a pinched wire , loose connector , or broken wire at connector . Loosen stator screws one at a time and re tighten , assures proper ground .....

I believe I found the culprit. I have zero resistance and voltage coming from the pickup coil. I ordered a new one from RickyStator that should be here tomorrow. Don't know how I missed checking it previously, but fingers crossed she fires up tomorrow! Thanks again for all the help!!!