NMDRC Round 2, Corralitos 100, Las Cruces New Mexico Race Report.

Well first off, at the start I was a official member of the goon squad. I was standing on the left hand side of my bike, they want us on the right, so around the rear fender I go, and about 5 seconds after all the other kids go, I take off, just trying to look sexy for the camera. So we're cruising down the desert floor, I pass the 644 guy that beat me last race early on and start working on this 2 stroke that's in front of me, it takes a while but I do pass him. By the way there's no wind at this point, so all the dust is just standing in the air, can't see 10 feet in front of you. I get passed by a couple of faster guys while chasing this little 2 stroke, and we enter a straight with small sand whoops, crank the throttle open, pass him, there's a g-out at the end, lean all the way back and pass through it with relative ease, well, that was all the riders in my row. Riding along and I enter this corner, pull in the clutch, tap the rear brake, and it stalls. And being a 4-stroke and Saint Patrick's day, it won't restart, so I'm sitting there, trying to get it going, and the guy thats leading my class series points wise passes me. I start it, chase him, run into slower traffic, he crashes. More riding in 0 visibility for the win! A lot of guys are just fiddling around going slow to avoid crashing and I view this as my opportunity to make up for being dumb. I pass a lot of guys, cruising a long and I guess they wanted me to make a 90* to the right at this point, shoot over the berm, stalled again, more kicking, swear at the bike, next kick it fires (so that's the secret!) and I'm off again. Towards the end of the 2nd lap it starts to clear up, and guess who's in front of me? My U-Haul shop manager. I figure I'll just follow him for a while since he's moving about as fast as I would anyway and its kinda narrow and too top it off, theirs a pair of KTM's in front of us. We enter a silt bed, he catches a piece of high ground, goes down, one KTM goes off into a ravine, still don't know what he was trying to do. End of Lap 1. Things are clear, so as to vent my frustration with stalling (I now have my fingers firmly attached to the clutch) I put in everything I've got on this last lap, I hit everything faster than I thought I could, I honestly just quit caring about crashing and just went for it. I get passed by this guy that's running B class, and honestly his clip wasn't too much faster than mine so I latched on to him and chased him around for a better part of a lap. The exciting part of the race for me is here, with the dust now cleared out, I could see a lot of little lines I didn't the first time, theres one that cuts through a corner that's filled with light sand whoops, so with B Class buddy still in front of me, I take this narrow road and he takes the main, he realizes whats happening and pins it, and you guess it, I'm already pinned, the 2 paths merge, and I barely miss getting the pass and we're right back where we started. Clicking off the miles, up by this old ranch house, down into the silt beds we go, guess who I see in front of me? The 644 bike, he's running 5th, me and B Class buddy pass him, he realizes he just lost a position, and decides to kick it up a notch and I'm thinking not today Jr, I've got too much work put into catching you. He falls behind, and B Class buddy falls, I pass him, race is almost over, and he gets up and rage rides right up to my back tire and I'm too tired to defend, not losing any points to letting him pass, so I do. Race ends, B Class buddy tells me that's the most fun he's had in a long time, Congratulate each other.
Return to the pits, wipe the dirt mask off my face, down about 24 bottles of water, chill a bit, I took 5th (again) but moved up to 3rd place in my class championship wise.

My go pro of lap one is uploading, I'll get pictures from the photographers as soon as possible, but there is this one of me on Vurb off-road.
http://vurboffroad.com/darkroom/corralitos-100-gallery/216/ (picture 82)

Thats all till the Farmington Dunes GP, April 14th and 15th

thats awesome... keep it up and maybe you can nkeep climbing that podium at the end of the championship :thumb:
troll.gif

Well first off, at the start I was a official member of the goon squad. I was standing on the left hand side of my bike, they want us on the right, so around the rear fender I go, and about 5 seconds after all the other kids go, I take off, just trying to look sexy for the camera. So we're cruising down the desert floor, I pass the 644 guy that beat me last race early on and start working on this 2 stroke that's in front of me, it takes a while but I do pass him. By the way there's no wind at this point, so all the dust is just standing in the air, can't see 10 feet in front of you. I get passed by a couple of faster guys while chasing this little 2 stroke, and we enter a straight with small sand whoops, crank the throttle open, pass him, there's a g-out at the end, lean all the way back and pass through it with relative ease, well, that was all the riders in my row. Riding along and I enter this corner, pull in the clutch, tap the rear brake, and it stalls. And being a 4-stroke and Saint Patrick's day, it won't restart, so I'm sitting there, trying to get it going, and the guy thats leading my class series points wise passes me. I start it, chase him, run into slower traffic, he crashes. More riding in 0 visibility for the win! A lot of guys are just fiddling around going slow to avoid crashing and I view this as my opportunity to make up for being dumb. I pass a lot of guys, cruising a long and I guess they wanted me to make a 90* to the right at this point, shoot over the berm, stalled again, more kicking, swear at the bike, next kick it fires (so that's the secret!) and I'm off again. Towards the end of the 2nd lap it starts to clear up, and guess who's in front of me? My U-Haul shop manager. I figure I'll just follow him for a while since he's moving about as fast as I would anyway and its kinda narrow and too top it off, theirs a pair of KTM's in front of us. We enter a silt bed, he catches a piece of high ground, goes down, one KTM goes off into a ravine, still don't know what he was trying to do. End of Lap 1. Things are clear, so as to vent my frustration with stalling (I now have my fingers firmly attached to the clutch) I put in everything I've got on this last lap, I hit everything faster than I thought I could, I honestly just quit caring about crashing and just went for it. I get passed by this guy that's running B class, and honestly his clip wasn't too much faster than mine so I latched on to him and chased him around for a better part of a lap. The exciting part of the race for me is here, with the dust now cleared out, I could see a lot of little lines I didn't the first time, theres one that cuts through a corner that's filled with light sand whoops, so with B Class buddy still in front of me, I take this narrow road and he takes the main, he realizes whats happening and pins it, and you guess it, I'm already pinned, the 2 paths merge, and I barely miss getting the pass and we're right back where we started. Clicking off the miles, up by this old ranch house, down into the silt beds we go, guess who I see in front of me? The 644 bike, he's running 5th, me and B Class buddy pass him, he realizes he just lost a position, and decides to kick it up a notch and I'm thinking not today Jr, I've got too much work put into catching you. He falls behind, and B Class buddy falls, I pass him, race is almost over, and he gets up and rage rides right up to my back tire and I'm too tired to defend, not losing any points to letting him pass, so I do. Race ends, B Class buddy tells me that's the most fun he's had in a long time, Congratulate each other.
Return to the pits, wipe the dirt mask off my face, down about 24 bottles of water, chill a bit, I took 5th (again) but moved up to 3rd place in my class championship wise.

My go pro of lap one is uploading, I'll get pictures from the photographers as soon as possible, but there is this one of me on Vurb off-road.
http://vurboffroad.com/darkroom/corralitos-100-gallery/216/ (picture 82)

Thats all till the Farmington Dunes GP, April 14th and 15th

NICE RR ... Funny thing is that this report sounds alot like how that REZ guy would write one. :shocked:

here, enjoy me messing up the start like a goon.
Long vid. No time to watch the whole thing, that blows in the start though with being on the wrong side. Also you made some quick work of the first few guys, but lost a few back with that stall in the corner and not getting the bike to light back up. I'll have visit this vid again and check out the whole thing.