New Year Resolutions and Celebrations

I havent been around here much this year. I think my dirt bike was down more this year then running. When it isnt running I tend not to hang out here as much.
The good news is, I just got the bike dialed in and Im headed out for New Years:banana:

It got me thinking about New Years, resolutions, celebrations etc...

I dont really make resolutions. In the back of my head I do but, I dont verbalize them. I guess because it is usually the same thing, lose weight, get fit, make more money. And as always, life is full of ups and downs making it hard to do. I go through phases of motivation. Often evolving around the seasons. Spring comes I get motivated and gain bounce in my step. Mid summer Im like "damn, its too hot to do anything" and I do less. As in more lounging by the pool or beach. Then by fall, my bounce often comes back, then winter and Im sort of a slug again and derail. I guess because the holidays and the cold make me want to stay warm inside and eat too much.

Anyhow, I was just curious what everyones resolutions are or, what they have planned for New Year's Eve and the new year ahead.

I also wanted to thank ya'all for being here. It is nice to know I can pop in for a high five, a laugh, an insult:smirk: or a ride invite:hug:

It has been a few years now since Jimmy G started the site. And surprisingly a core of us are still here. I think that is pretty cool. I feel like some of you are my internet family. The kind that I could actually count on if I had to be picked up from jail or, my bike rescued from a water fall.

That being said, I hope everyone has a very safe and fun New Year. I hope 2014 blesses us all and we get in some epic rides:ride:

:cheers:

I havent been around here much this year. I think my dirt bike was down more this year then running. When it isnt running I tend not to hang out here as much.
The good news is, I just got the bike dialed in and Im headed out for New Years:banana:

It got me thinking about New Years, resolutions, celebrations etc...

I dont really make resolutions. In the back of my head I do but, I dont verbalize them. I guess because it is usually the same thing, lose weight, get fit, make more money. And as always, life is full of ups and downs making it hard to do. I go through phases of motivation. Often evolving around the seasons. Spring comes I get motivated and gain bounce in my step. Mid summer Im like "damn, its too hot to do anything" and I do less. As in more lounging by the pool or beach. Then by fall, my bounce often comes back, then winter and Im sort of a slug again and derail. I guess because the holidays and the cold make me want to stay warm inside and eat too much.

Anyhow, I was just curious what everyones resolutions are or, what they have planned for New Year's Eve and the new year ahead.

I also wanted to thank ya'all for being here. It is nice to know I can pop in for a high five, a laugh, an insult:smirk: or a ride invite:hug:

It has been a few years now since Jimmy G started the site. And surprisingly a core of us are still here. I think that is pretty cool. I feel like some of you are my internet family. The kind that I could actually count on if I had to be picked up from jail or, my bike rescued from a water fall.

That being said, I hope everyone has a very safe and fun New Year. I hope 2014 blesses us all and we get in some epic rides:ride:

:cheers:
I have the same outlook as Palmer because I have never really stuck to any resolutions and my life is just as good. I just work with things through out the year as they come along. You are right Sun, we are like an internet family, some of us get together more than others but feel free to give me a call when you need to be bailed out of jail and I will be there. Getting the bike out of the water fall though, you are better off giving Rack that call. :smirk:

Make and break it proudly! That's what I say.

And yea, Rack's the guy to call and the first person I thought of :smirk:

Still one of the best ride reports ever!

i dont do resolutions but i want to get a OW shirt again and really get back into training to try and make the VCGP in late april.

Overall I plan to spend more time with my family doing the things we love to do. My daughter is 23 and half way through nursing school and out on her own, My boys, 17 & 15, are my riding and camping partners. Won't be long and the boys will be off doing their own thing too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388245618.453911.jpg

:USA:

I resolve to ride more in 2014 and work less. Unlike the standards like lose weight I may actually manage to do this one. I've got a nearly full bucket of vacation time so that should help.

Sun, you can ride year around here in So Cal. It's one of the benefits of living here. Sure you may need to drive a bit during the extremes of hot and cold, but it's possible. A second bike or friends with extra bikes can help during mechanical difficulties.

It's an amazing beautiful day today. Why am I at home again?