New to Dirtbikes but not to offroad

Hello All,

I am new to the dirt bike scene, I have done some very amateur quad riding/ racing, but never any dirt bike riding. Which is crazy because I have always wanted a dirt bike but never got one. Well, through the years I have had street bikes, quads, cars, trucks, but never a dirt bike and now I have one. I originally bought a very used 1989 KTM MX 125. But when all is said and done I got the bike for free. Its not in awful shape but it does basically need to be rebuilt. I am fairly certain the engine is ok, but I know it needs a few things. I will attach a picture. So I am curious where to start and where to find parts for this particular bike. I really want to get this bike up and running , 1. Cheaper then buying a newer bike, 2. I want to learn about the parts individually, and 3. Easy to learn on.

So any helpful tips and pointers, or websites to get parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
NWoodsphoto (3).JPG

Well I had the chance to get one for literally free and I had the time, at the time, to ride it, and I had access to a private track at the time, so it was a win all around, and when I got this bike i was told the bike was rideable and running. So i figured why not ?:)

Please show me .... I would love to get into dirt bikes and MX but buying a house and getting married, little to no budget at the moment. So if you see a deal, please show it to me. Thanks!