New rider

SRAD97750

Staff member
Moving the leg out of the way so you can lean the bike more. Also getting right up on the tank helps with front end stabilization while railing berms.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

another question is i started riding last summer on a 1994 kawasaki kdx 200. i found myself keeping up with yz450 riders by the end of the summer and the reason im catching them is going in and coming out of the corners. what kinda bike would you consider for me. im 5' 8" 135lbs soaking wet.

SRAD97750

Staff member
another question is i started riding last summer on a 1994 kawasaki kdx 200. i found myself keeping up with yz450 riders by the end of the summer and the reason im catching them is going in and coming out of the corners. what kinda bike would you consider for me. im 5' 8" 135lbs soaking wet.
A KDX200
They are very versatile and have excellent power to weight ratio. If you are keeping up with the 450s on your 200, you're doing it right... -BIG DAN:thumb:

Welcome to the forum. You would rip on a YZ250. Leg up front also helps get weight up there for traction. Maybe your friends on the 450's should put out a leg. :smirk:

and they are one ones trying to teach me to ride. but im also not scared of my bike i was told to have respect for it but dont be scared... i just think i need a better bike for me and advise on how to ride better.

SRAD97750

Staff member
and they are one ones trying to teach me to ride. but im also not scared of my bike i was told to have respect for it but dont be scared... i just think i need a better bike for me and advise on how to ride better.
The bike is almost negligible when it comes to proper form and riding techniques.
Ride what is the most FUN for you!
I think you would do great on any 1996-2013 Yamaha YZ250, but form and technique is MUCH more important. -BIG DAN :thumb:

Welcome to the forum:wave: like 530 said, throwing your leg up front throws weight up front to help push the front end down to create better traction. Sounds like you handling that 200 just fine. Its not jumper but it sure is a great trail riding bike. I too have a KDX200, although I don't get to ride it much. I oldest is always on it. I rode it one day all day and the best thing I liked about it over my RM250 is I didn't feel half as wore out. The RM feels like its trying to pull your arms out of socket where the KDX just rolls on the power smoother. Good luck :thumb:

Welcome, and as for riding....
AuRJtGjCMAMzMdH.jpg:large