I vote for the kdx also. More fun and that’s the key.
CRF is a tractor, and will last and be abused for a long time.
Having a bike that will last doesn’t matter because as the passion grows so will the need for a newer more powerful machine. The 230 will feel like your ninja 500 in a very short time, but will fortunately have larger market appeal for resale. Doesn’t matter! Get two wheels and get going! :hyper:

So it sounds like his choice is between not fun and fun.
That’s why I compared them like that. Some owners can’t work on a bike for the life of them. And I don’t know this guy. So, a bike that can be abused, and put away to ride again and again. Or a bike that needs to have some attention.

CRF is a tractor, and will last and be abused for a long time.
KDX is a good bike, and will be way funnier riding, but will need more care.

Thanks. I really think I would rather have the KDX. I don't mind taking care of something that i will enjoy more.

I haven't worked on motorcycles much but I fix my own chainsaws, trucks, tractors, and such. I do heating and air work so I hope i can figure out two strokes rather easily for the simple stuff.

Last edited:
I vote for the kdx also. More fun and that’s the key.

Having a bike that will last doesn’t matter because as the passion grows so will the need for a newer more powerful machine. The 230 will feel like your ninja 500 in a very short time, but will fortunately have larger market appeal for resale. Doesn’t matter! Get two wheels and get going! :hyper:

Thanks for the input. I will be going to look at the KDX this weekend. I lost my butt on that ninja 500. Don't want to end up like that again.