New member XL 185s no spark help please

Hi I'm Kieran if anyone could help I would be very happy I sold all my old bikes but decided after kids have grown up a bit to buy a new one got this xl 185s for 120 bucks an thought sweet deal cleaned it up took the plug out no spark so checked all the wires an such still nothing it has cdi there is no key ignition but the wires look pretty basic no lights or turn signals just kill switch and I am getting volts from the wire from the magneto when I kick it but nothing is getting to the spark plug any ideas? Thanks in advance

Also it has wires going to the cdi an regulator or pickup unsure what it's called but they all look fine then the wire going to the coil pack

I'll check the ohms because I'm pretty sure there's no power after the regulator to the spark plug coil I tried a different coil pack also an nothing

Then I would think you have a short somewhere. Possibly a bare wire. Those old Hondas used a solid state ignition system. I've never seen one go bad and everyone I knew owned Hondas.