New girl rider on yz125

Thanks everyone. I learned to day a 100% to take off and to kick start it. That's good seeing as I'm 5'4 and tipy toe it. Sharp turns and standing is tomorrow!!! Oh and I don't need a real man! I have one because a real man would never put down someone on a computer. He's just not good at explaining but he can see I'm trying and he loves it.

Thanks everyone. I learned to day a 100% to take off and to kick start it. That's good seeing as I'm 5'4 and tipy toe it. Sharp turns and standing is tomorrow!!! Oh and I don't need a real man! I have one because a real man would never put down someone on a computer. He's just not good at explaining but he can see I'm trying and he loves it.

:cheers:

Congrats keep on trying! Riding and accomplishing new things on a motorcycle is great fun!

Sometimes it's my reason for getting up in the morning....damn, can you imagine living years ago before dirt bikes?

Maybe you should ask Paw Paw or Ossagp, they might know.

Congrats on your accomplishments... My daughters around your age wouldn't think about swinging a leg over one of my 2T's or even big 450/520...

Learn to trust your bike and relax I tough my son in about a half hour how to take off is all about finding were the clutch engage and relax trust your bike you won't learn fast if you are scared of it good luck and don't give up

So I've never rode a dirt bike or used a clutch before. I'm 21 and 5'4. I have a '99 yz125. Ive finished my third day riding. I'm almost got the clutch and take off figured out smoothly. My husband doesn't have the patience for me and doesn't get why I can't take off. He doesn't know how to explain it. He says its just instinct. However, today we went trail riding. I made it about a two miles of 18miles in the sugar sand. It's a small pathway only 50in wide. I ended up riding the four wheeler back. They're no where else to practice around us like tracks or anything. I can't figure out the rutted turns and deep dips. I ended up wipping out and sliding over them. My husband says I'm too stiff and my arms wobble. He says I ride scared. I know it's going to take a lot of practice but I get discouraged when 5 year olds ride better.

Any tips?! I have no clue.
When I first started I took my bike to flat desert for a while before I went to the track. I know how u feel. I got in your same situation going doing a narrow path with deep gravel and I crashed. Take your bike to flat,hard ground at first and get used to the power and feel of the bike:smirk: