250F Neutral problem

yo guy and girls

So had my bike rebuilt and before hand I could find neutral easy.

Now, when the engine is off I can find neutral fine. When engine is running my bike will only go 1-2 stationary and that is very very clunky. If I go down to first on the track and up to second while moving it’s fine. But when bike is running and standing (just come off track and have to walk through paddock) I just clunks upto second. I have to turn the bike off in first and then put into neutral. Any ideas?

Ta!

Alsooooo what came to my attention is that I think I’m missing fith gear.
At the moment it’s only going upto fourth, is there a fifth on the 250r ?

Thanks

5 gears on that bike.
Question, who rebuilt it? Did they replace all bad gears, C-clips installed correctly, forks check to be bent, drum to have no galling, etc. etc. etc. Transmissions are finicky if one thing is out, it can cause multiple problems.

A little update

Drained all the oil out of the bike ( trans and engine)

Lay bike on side and removed clutch cover, pressure plate, and then clutch plates and disks.
I seen there was some rubbish on the plates but not enough to cause what was happening.
Anyway, cleaned up everything, put plates and disks is come clean oil for abit, rebuilt clutch.
Works a dream now :) so I’m guessing it was a mixture of the rubbish in there and fresh oil?!

First time i hve ever opened up a clutch or anything similar, so I’m happy!

Thanks for the help

Good on you for doing it yourself! All you need is a manual and careful attention to details. It’s always good to know how things work inside.