Need to understand how the Rekluse works.

I read others postings on hear but, I still have not got the hang of how the Rekluse clutch works. Does it cause the engine to run hotter do to friction caused by the rekluse? Does it work like a normal clutch? Does it hold the hp of the bike back? Ok, no secret I own a CR500af. So has anyone rode a 500cc two stroke with the a Rekluse?

I have never ridden a cr500.
Should I say it...? Why the Hell not. A famouse man once said you have never rode a Dirt Bike until you rode a 500cc two-stroke. (Ken Fought) from Dirt Rider. the Videos helped out a lot. But aparently They do not make the Rekluse Pro kit for my bike. Its just the Plates.

I can't handle a 300 I'm sure a 500 would be that much more difficult. The vibration alone in a 300 I don't care for.

I will tomarrow. Do you use this in your bike? Do you like it?

I had a rekluse in my 2010 450 exc and have since sold the bike.

I currently have a rekluse in my 2013 TE250. I love the rekluse, but no like to ride technical trails. I have done a little mx and it's fine there too.

I don't have a Recluse nor a CR500 but my Secratary does. I'm not sure what she meant when she said to me this morning, "Natch, my 5 hundy vibrates like Mike J. Fox playing Operation but, you make me moister than a Betty Crocker raisin muffin.......
OK, I don't even know where I was going with that :lol:

Personally I would not put the rekluse on the 500. Are you stalling a lot on the track? I would just run a bigger fly wheel weight. I have not rode a 500 with a rekluse, but have rode plenty of 500 smokers in my day with and without fly wheel weights added. I have rode a 200, 300, 250 smokers & 450exc, 450xc 4 strokes with a rekluse and I can say they are good for not wanting to use the clutch ever or nasty rocks or roots in the tight trees. I will not put one on my current 450, but........When I add a 300 smoker to the arsenal, I will probably slap one on that as it will be my goat bike.

I rode a 2014 KTM450xc over new years that had on it and I will say I forgot that it was there as I was riding the bike the same way I would without it. Clutch action is the same, idle is the same even when you back off the throttle you get the same response. What is nice is when you come into a rocky section with some nice ledges to go up, you can hit it without the need to crab the clutch to stop from stalling.