RM-Z250 Need Help Buying New Bike (pictures included)

I have been looking at this RMZ250 for a while, and I had a few questions like always. One of my questions was about the suspension, so I called the guy and had a conversation about it and he said the previous owner had put a different rear shock on the bike, and the bike was setup for a 140lb rider.
I weigh 220 and I am 6' tall.
Basically what I was wondering was if this would be a good bike for me. Thanks!
Heres the ad on craigslist: ScreenShot2017-02-28at9.35.21PM.png 00B0B_ia9KGEhLvHZ_1200x900.jpg

It will be undersprung for you. Will this be your first bike or are you a seasoned rider?
I used to ride a KLX 125 but got too big for it and sold it, waited for a couple of years to get some money and now I'm looking to get a new bike. Couldn't the shock be adjusted?

Last edited:
it can be adjusted, but not enough for the weight difference. You will need new springs front n rear at the least and possibly a revalve if it was revalved for the 140lb guy already. Start with springs if you get it.
thanks for the help he ended up selling it before I could take a look at it

I have developed a shell or something about 250f's: If you are going to buy a used one, I just can't see buying anything other than a Yamaha. Not only do those old 5 valve enigmas seem reliable for a 250f, they are just plain reliable as a racer of any type ever was that I can remember. All that said, I like riding the crf a little better, but if I didnt already have the crf that I do I would be looking for a yzf. easy wide ratio conversion for that one like it's 2 stroke counterpart too.

It wasn't a hard fix. I havent been paying enough attention to know if Honda ever did fix it at the factory. In the KTM's favor I like the older linkless susepension, but the mx'rs I know didn't.