Napa Auto Parts

:rant:Has anyone else had piss poor luck with Napa Brand parts?
6 months ago I installed 4 new injectors and a new starter in my truck from Napa.
I recently just spent several weeks chasing a fuel leak that was filling my crankcase with diesel fuel after 1500 miles. Finally found the leak and as it turns out the injectors had hairline cracks in them. Now just today the starter I replaced went bad. :noidea: It seems these Items go bad just after their warranty expires... I'm a little irritated as I have a job that requires me to be someplace ALL the time....usually at the ass crack of dawn so quick fixes aren't the option. It also doesn't help that its like 15* outside making this a serious chore rather than a routine repair...
So I'm really disappointed as I spent the extra squish for what used to be a superior replacement part even for the OEMs and now they are just junkyard items. :pout:

that sucks mike :mmph:. I always use oreilys but i never never based it on part quality as much as staff quality. Haven't gotten a bad part from them yet though

Most parts in all parts stores are the same.... Just a different name on them. When you are installing parts that are big$$ and hard install, Do your research first. :)

Napa, usually have a high grade part for a higher higher grade price... And then has a bunch of rebrands...

Napa does usually have better parts books and part programs to find parts.

I use rockauto.com for everything, I select the brand I want, Bosch for example, and am a happy camper.
We don't have a napa here anymore, they never stocked anything besides oil and filters anyway....

I never buy starters or altenators... Always have a local guy rebuild them. He uses Merica parts, and will back his work. And he uses merican solder... Chinese solder breaks easily.

If its just the solenoid broken, You can possibly replace it cheap and easily.

These were the premium remans from Napa.
Luckily I didn't have to by the entire starter again. Upon removal I found the solenoid bridge loose. Once tightened it worked like a charm.
There's still no excuse for that or the injectors.

James. I won't buy my filters there. It's made in China and $60 vs the $14 I pay for the motocraft at Walmart.

These were the premium remans from Napa.
Luckily I didn't have to by the entire starter again. Upon removal I found the solenoid bridge loose. Once tightened it worked like a charm.
There's still no excuse for that or the injectors.

James. I won't buy my filters there. It's made in China and $60 vs the $14 I pay for the motocraft at Walmart.

Most oil filters are made in my neck of the woods, Called Champion lab. They make alot of the filters in cars today. Same filter different name lol...