Motorcycles And Mental Health

I think that people automatically connect “drinking beer “ to “getting drunk “. I agree that one shouldn’t ride impaired from anything, but having a beer with your mid-ride lunch is one of life’s simple pleasures that I won’t deny myself. It’s possible to drink and not get drunk. Everyone has their own limits, but the idea of zero tolerance, in anything, just does not appeal to me.

There was a day I would pack a six pack in ice for a days ride. Usually only drink three or four, and that included the two at lunch. The last few years even when I do ride, beers don’t get packed.

Ever since I started driving cars I have had at least one of my children on board so I self enforce a zero tolerance while driving regarding alcohol, as a smoker of 28 years I will happily ride after a few sticks

I think that people automatically connect “drinking beer “ to “getting drunk “. I agree that one shouldn’t ride impaired from anything, but having a beer with your mid-ride lunch is one of life’s simple pleasures that I won’t deny myself. It’s possible to drink and not get drunk. Everyone has their own limits, but the idea of zero tolerance, in anything, just does not appeal to me.

Hey Steve, I only buy 660ml bottles really so my one with lunch puts me off the road and anything more technical
than a quote on here :picard: , I snowboard when possible, ( ride bikes) when possible and there's nothing like sitting 100 metres below the peak puffin a fat one or teeing off with a blunt between my lips!
It's two different worlds to me, maybe only a toker will get what I mean but I just don't do any machines after a sip of beer:blah::blah::blah: :hug:

Ever since I started driving cars I have had at least one of my children on board so I self enforce a zero tolerance while driving regarding alcohol
That is the best policy for parents. I met a lady here in AZ that got pulled over with her child in the car after she'd had a few; she did 3 years in the slammer.

That is the best policy for parents. I met a lady here in AZ that got pulled over with her child in the car after she'd had a few; she did 3 years in the slammer.
Not just for parents Brad, for all! If say a child free drunken adult or minor gets in a car or a truck and wipes out my kids is that any better than a parent doing it?

Not just for parents Brad, for all! If say a child free drunken adult or minor gets in a car or a truck and wipes out my kids is that any better than a parent doing it?
Nope, thats no better. Good point Red.
Driving drunk is a bad idea anywhere, but especially here in AZ. We have a 98% conviction rate.
And get this - our limit is .08% BAC for DUI (.15 for extreme DUI), but you dont even have to be above that to get arrested. You can have one drink, be at .01, and still get a DWI. Only real difference between the 2 is you just wont pay as much in fines. But you still have to go take a test to determine how much class time you will get, still have to attend a MADD seminar, still have to have an ignition interlock installed in your car, etc.
It really is a racket. And how does one know this?
Because if it were really about public safety, every car would have in ignition interlock put in before it leaves the factory.
Sadly, its all about money. The lady who started Mothers Against Drunk Driving recently quit the organization because they turned it into a cash-cow, and was turned into something other than what she originally intended it to be.