Memorial Day Weekend is over...

i didnt ride this weekend but i did take my son to Ocotillo Wells on Monday so he can ride around the bushes. He had a blast and it was cool watching him. We then went on what my son calls "adventures" which is finding a random dirt road in Anza Borrego just to see where it goes to.

James

Staff member
i didnt ride this weekend but i did take my son to Ocotillo Wells on Monday so he can ride around the bushes. He had a blast and it was cool watching him. We then went on what my son calls "adventures" which is finding a random dirt road in Anza Borrego just to see where it goes to.
:lol: Sounds like fun. What's Anza Borrego?

I raced the Gallup Offroad National (harescramble) (first race in my hometown in 27 years) which was tits, had part of a mx track, ran through part of the town, used drainage tunnels underneath the freeway, and had its fair share of technical and wide open riding.
I placed 4th in my class (open novice) and pulled the holeshot :thumb:

Suppose to spend 3 days in the desert with the family Exploring. Been raining all week and I just got a new dodge. Tried getting it all set up for the camper but just ran out of time. Desided screw it I would go another time. After talking to the family it was a good thing we didn't go. It was so muddy the 4 wheelers were having a hard time and the RZR they still haven't got clean. They don't think the dirt bike could have run at all. They even got snowed on. haha guess swimming at the hot springs wasn't a bad idea after all! :lol:

It was a typical Memorial Day Weekend every time I go camping. Cold, windy, and rain:cry:. Everytime I dont go camping or have something fun planned its freaking awesome:moon: (thats too mother nature). But my trip wasnt totally uneventful. I made some new friends, everything in my trailer works:banana:. I had zero need for my borrowed generator, and nobody got hurt or REALLY had a bad time. So all in all it was a good trip.

Had a great weekend down south. :thumb: kids had some awesome races. On Monday morning I woke up to awful winds that I was certain were going to rip my awning off :shocked: got that dealt with and noticed that my EZ-Up was a few hundred yards from were it was supposed to be, minus one leg:rant:. Hope you had a good one James :thumb:

DSCN0984.jpg

Just some hero dirt riding on Sunday! Pretty mellow rest of weekend.

Anza Borrego is a desert state park in San Diego county and it borders Ocotillo Wells. It is very large and has many dirt roads, camping and hiking areas. It used to be you could ride unlicensed vehicles there but so many people trashed the place that they made it street legal vehicles only to this day. I felt guilty riding my plated bike there last year. :smirk: A lot of Jeep clubs go there and cruise through the open desert and take in the sites. :thumb:
:lol: Sounds like fun. What's Anza Borrego?