Lugging around = blow up?

My cousin always has told me lugging around on a 2 stroke race bike will make it blow up faster. I have a yz 250 and hes still telling me the same thing. Is it true?

No, wringing it's neck "ALL THE TIME" will get you a rebuild faster than lugging it around. Ask yourself, what lubes a two stroke? Oil keeps it lubed and gas keeps it cool. As long as you are moving and its a moderately tempered day, ride it.... Now if its over 100 deg. and you are putting for hours, you need air movement just as much as you need fuel and oil.

My cousin always has told me lugging around on a 2 stroke race bike will make it blow up faster. I have a yz 250 and hes still telling me the same thing. Is it true?

No it's not true, but doing anything all the time on a two stroke isn't healthy for it, lugging it all the time is hard on the lower end, and also be more apt to foul plugs and goop up silencers from the unburned oil/fuel mixture passing thru the motor, on the other hand riding it like a striped ass ape all the time will shorten the life of the top end and you have better chance of having a catastrophic failure unless you change your top end like every 10-15 hours, two strokes like to be varied in they're rpm range all the time, to get the best lubrication thru the motor and performance.

I knew he must have been wrong but i just want you guys's opinion. Sometimes i like to take a brake from track and putt around some trails and stuff

With all the above being stated and true...Please understand that these engines are designed to be run hard to keep from having the build up of excess unburnt fuel mix in the crank case. When that happens the bike will run poorly and be very hard to start.
Just make sure you do rev the crap out of it from time to time to keep the build up down.

Paw Paw

With all the above being stated and true...Please understand that these engines are designed to be run hard to keep from having the build up of excess unburnt fuel mix in the crank case. When that happens the bike will run poorly and be very hard to start.
Just make sure you do rev the crap out of it from time to time to keep the build up down.

Paw Paw

Yeah, when i do ride trails when im rolling down a hill or waiting for all the 4 wheeler guys to catch up (lol) i allways clear it out good.